Please Stay

•Jason's POV•

Moments like this make me think of Selena.

Yes, on my girlfriends birthday I'm thinking about my ex girlfriend.

But it's not how you think.

Because of how well things are going with Brinley, I feel guilty.

Guilty that Selena and I could never be this happy. Even on her birthday.

Flashback:

I look pathetic showing up to Selena's birthday party even though I wasn't invited. We're in one of our fighting phases where we don't talk to each other for a couple of days.

She's missing me more than I'm missing her, though. Truth is, I'm bored.

I'm bored of her not blowing up my phone because it's entertaining to have her attention.

But these passed three days there have been nothing.

So here I am, walking to the door of her party, holding only a red rose.

Roses are a special thing for us I guess. She loves them. So I get them.

When the door opens I'm not shocked to see a pissed off Taylor staring at me. The rumors probably already spread around that I'll be showing up tonight.

On top of that I'm not even completely sober.

"You're stupid if you think you're coming in here. Invites only."

Her blue eyes drill holes into mine but I glance behind her seeing people dancing and laughing, having fun. Music is blasting throughout the place and confetti and beach balls are everywhere.

"Where is she?" I ask almost angrily.

How dare she try and tell me I can't see the woman who loves me. The woman I've given 2 full years to.

"You need to leave Justin. She doesn't want you here."

I glare at her, more angry than I've ever been with her and fear flashes through her features.

I don't say anything as I walk inside. She doesn't try and stop me, instead she just exhales deeply and follows me around. The flashing lights make me feel dizzy and the alcohol in my system isn't helping with that. But in my favor, everyone here seems to be drunk out of their minds.

And then I see her. Dancing in a short black skirt and crop top with a bottle of liquor in her hand.

Everyone dances around her and when she looks up I catch a glance at her features. She's been crying, that's obvious.

Her eyes lock with mine and she stops everything she's doing. She takes a drink of whatever substance is in the bottle and then makes her way to me.

"Invites only."

I ignore her and hold the rose up to her. The cold look in her eyes doesn't fade at the sight of it and she sets the bottle down on a nearby table.

"Happy birthday." I say to her quietly and she looks back up at me.

"You think a rose can make up for everything you've done?"

"I wouldn't miss your birthday."

This is our cycle now.

Taylor glares at me as I try to talk to Selena.