Chapter 30/ Epilogue

hello everyone!

this is it...the EPILOGUE :( i know i said i'll publish it before the 7B premiere but i went on an unexpected road trip and just got back home, i'm really sorry for the late update!

also, the epilogue was one of the first things i've written when i started writing this story and a lot of you have predicted the way this story will end before so here it is...sorry it's short but hey, it's a lot more optimistic than last chapter :)

******

A dusty small car was parked in the middle of the abandoned town square. The town square was eerily quiet and almost deserted. Two loitering walkers took notice of the vehicle and they trudged towards it, moaning and growling as they dragged their bony feet towards it. The stench of rotting flesh radiated from them. They were bony and they were very hungry. The door of the driver's side opened and a tall man with tousled and greasy hair stepped out of the car. He approached the walkers and easily ended the misery of the creatures by piercing his knife through their heads. The passenger door opened and another man stepped out, this one had a much more longer, untamed and greasier hair than the other one. He wore a distinct leather vest and held a crossbow in his hands.

"Rick," the crossbow wielding man called his companion. "Let's go."

They began the long meticulous task that involved cautiously entering each abandoned shop in search for supplies. During the course of ten minutes, they have entered five different shops and stumbled upon a handful of walkers but there was no sign of anything they could take for themselves. The man with the crossbow started to get impatient.

"We ain't gonna find anything in this area. We should go," he told his companion named Rick.

Rick seemed unconvinced. Unlike his companion, he was a little more patient. "Let's go to the pharmacy over there," Rick nodded his head at the small store located across the road from where they stood. "We might find something for Denise."

They crossed the road where there was a white delivery truck parked in front of the pharmacy. As they neared the truck, a figure stepped out of its hiding spot. It was a girl with bright red hair, no older than eight, who stepped out of the spot where she had been hiding near the pharmacy's entrance

"What do you want?" demanded the girl that stunned both men. Both men exchanged looks before they glanced back at the little girl pointing a gun at them.

"Hey, it's okay," the man named Rick spoke calmly, "we're not going to hurt you." Despite his assurance, the little girl seemed unconvinced.

"Mommy!" she shouted over her shoulder, "there are strange men out here!" She narrowed her eyes as she glared at both men

Both men exchanged looks after realizing that the girl wasn't alone. "What's your name little girl?" Rick continued to ask calmly.

"Molly."

Rick nodded his head in acknowledgment. "I'm Rick and my friend here is Daryl. Will you lower your gun, please?" although hesitant, Molly followed his request. "Will you take us to your mother?"

The rather cautious Molly eventually caved in and led both men inside the pharmacy. They were greeted by the woman whom they assumed was the girl's mother. Clearly, she had been expecting them after Molly's earlier warning, she had her gun pointed at Daryl's head with her finger on the trigger.

"Who are you?" she demanded as she stepped forward, motioning for Molly to stand behind her and away from the strangers grasp while she continued to point her gun at Daryl.

"We mean you and your girl no harm," Rick assured her. His voice was calm and soft. One thing Daryl and Rick could agree on was that the woman and her child have no permanent place to live in judging by their grubby clothes. Seeing that Rick was not pointing his weapons at her, she lowered her gun. "My name's Rick and this is Daryl," continued Rick, looking relieved now that she wasn't threatening Daryl's life. However, Daryl still seemed unimpressed, especially since the woman just threatened him with her gun.

It was clear that she was very wary of their presence. "If this is your territory, we don't mean to invade. I just need to get some medicine for this," she said, pointing at what was left of her bandaged arm, "we'll be on our way," she told them. It was clear that she was making sure she was staying out of trouble.

Rick and Daryl exchanged looks. "Now if you don't mind me asking, how many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked her. His question seemed to surprise her. It was very random.

"I don't know," she chuckled dryly. "Do people still count it nowadays. Look, we'll be on our way."

Rick persisted. "How many people have you killed?" he continued to ask. This particular question surprised her even more. She looked at Rick who was looking back at her expectantly, awaiting her response. She looked at Molly then back to the strangers before her.

"A few."

"Why?" Rick asked.

"Because they're a threat and she's my priority," she replied simply as she nodded at Molly. Rick and Daryl seemed satisfied with her response.

"We have a place," Rick informed her, "we live in a small community and we have a doctor. Maybe she can have a look at your injury." The woman seemed very hesitant. It was as if she didn't know whether to trust his words or not. "You and Molly will be safe there, I swear. There are families in the community, children too."

She looked at Molly once more then back to Rick. "Okay," she replied. With that one simple answer, Rick and Daryl took her and Molly to the said community named Alexandria Safe Zone.

 With that one simple answer, Rick and Daryl took her and Molly to the said community named Alexandria Safe Zone

******

well, that's sadly the end everybody :(

sorry that it's short but i hope you all enjoyed the final chapter of this story. i had fun writing it and all your lovely feedback kept me motivated most of the time so thank you so much.

as for a sequel, i don't really plan to write one but idk, we shall see.

again, thank you, everyone :)