Chapter 24

hey everyone! i'm sorry for the late update, i've been a little busy during the holiday season. also, i wanna thank you guys for the 30, 000 views and also thank you to my new followers, you're all awesome! 

******

Tully was woken up by the sound of her own scream. She was so sure that what she had dreamt about was real. The numerous amount of walkers grabbing every part of her body, their bony fingers were cold and their putrid scent was so very strong. However, when she opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was the plain white ceiling. Relieved that it was just a bad dream, Tully sat up weakly. The first thing she noticed was the fact that it had been so easy for her to sit up...there was no bump that gave her any difficulty. In shock, she felt her belly and while doing so, she noticed the second thing that was missing from her...her left hand, in fact, her entire left forearm was missing and what was left of her arm was covered in thick bandages.

All the memories rushed back to her, they were unwelcomed but the painfully horrid memories forced their way back to her, reminding her of that terrible night. Suddenly, Tully wished that she still asleep. She wished that she was having a terrible nightmare and she was ready to wake up but everything was very much real. Lying back down on the bed, Tully wiped the tears off her face as she held back her sobs.

The sound of footsteps momentarily disturbed Tully. Quickly, she sat up and saw Patrick entering the infirmary. He seemed surprised to see her awake and he didn't fail to let her know about it. "I thought that the next time I see you up, you'd be a walker," admitted Patrick.

"Where's everyone?" Tully wanted to know.

"Your daughter is with Sherry-..."

Tully didn't know whether to feel relieved or mortified. Patrick said daughter...not daughters. So she had recalled things correctly, she had lost two of her girls. "Molly?"

"Yes, Molly," replied the older man. "I'm sorry about the other two, I know its hard," he added.

"How about Negan?"

"He's with the baby." Now her ears perked up upon hearing Patrick utter the word 'baby'. In an instant, Tully was out of the bed and demanding Patrick where she can find Negan.

"He's at the back of the building but I suggest that you leave him alone for a while, he wanted to be alone," replied Patrick. "You'll get to have your turn with the baby eventually." Tully didn't quite understand what he meant. However, she ignored Patrick's warning and left the infirmary to see Negan and her baby. The very idea that Negan was alone with her baby scared Tully a little. What if he refused to give the baby to her?

With her adrenaline pumping, Tully raced to the back of the building where Patrick informed her Negan was. She couldn't even feel the physical pain of her missing limb as she hurriedly rushed to get her baby. As soon as she found herself at the back of the building, in the most secluded of all the areas in the Sanctuary, she found a familiar man donning a black leather jacket. He carried something bundled up in a blanket in one hand while his other held a shovel.

"What are you doing?!" breathlessly, the motherly side of Tully took over. She raced towards Negan and tried to snatch the baby he held. He didn't stop her, instead, he let her take the baby off him. His face was void of all emotions as he watched her but the gasp that escaped Tully's lips made the hairs at the back of Negan's neck rise. He could feel her agony in that one simply gasp.

"Oh no, no, no," she sobbed as she cradled her child in her arms. Her baby, Negan Junior, was so small. He was no bigger than her hand and the moment she looked at her pasty little angel, she knew in her heart that she woke up a little too late. She wasn't even able to cradle him while he was still alive nor feed him his last meal.