Chapter 28

After their verbal argument that escalated in his office, Tully did not see Negan the following day. She did not sleep the night before. She couldn't. When she closed her eyes, she would either be thinking about Negan or the nightmares that would haunt her. As well as that, she was fearful that she would go running back to Negan for comfort if she ever get one of those nightmares, so, Tully forced herself to stay up throughout the night. She knew that she cannot deprive herself of sleep forever and Tully could only think of one solution to fall asleep and avoid the nightmares. Tully figured that some strong sleeping pills like the ones she took before would aid her problem with her nightmares and sleep deprivation.

So, one morning, she found herself in the infirmary while she left Molly with her sister-wives. Patrick, as always, was in the infirmary, guarding the medical supplies. He asked her what she wanted immediately. She explained that she was having trouble sleeping. "I got a few sleeping pills," responded Patrick.

"No," said Tully. "I'm gonna need something stronger than sleeping pills."

She watched Patrick searched around the inventory. "There are some strong sedatives here-..."

"Great," smiled Tully as she peered over his shoulder. "I'll take it from here, Patrick, I can choose which one's the right one for me," she assured the older man who trusted her enough to leave her alone in the medical inventory. As soon as he was out of her sight, Tully quickly emptied the shelf containing the Sanctuary's supply of sedatives and shove in all in the pocket of her hoody.

******

"Mommy," Tully turned her attention to Molly as they ate breakfast, sharing a table with Sherry. "I don't wanna be here anymore. When are we leaving?" she asked. A day after Molly witnessed Negan brutally kill someone with his baseball bat, it was obvious that Molly had been traumatised by what she saw. The last time the little girl had seen someone kill somebody so brutally was when the leader of their old group went berserk and violently killed many members of their group, in the end, Tully had to kill him to save everybody. Now, the little girl could not belief that Negan was just as bad as the man who once lead the settlement where she and Tully had come from.

"She's been very sad," claimed Sherry who noticed Molly's lack of enthusiasm during breakfast. "Do you want to play ping-pong with me after breakfast?" trying to make the little girl feel better, Sherry offered.

"That sounds like fun. What do you think?" Tully asked the little girl.

"Are you joining us?" Molly asked her mother in response.

"Well, I'm going to see Negan after breakfast but I'll try to, okay?" Molly nodded her head.

There was no sign of Negan during breakfast and after leaving Molly under her sister-wife's care, Tully decided to see him with some food in hand. There was no sign of Negan in his office and eventually, Tully found herself in his bedroom where she found him drinking alcohol while seated lazily in a recliner. Her presence surprised him of course. A day after their argument, he didn't expect her to come to him.

"I brought you food," claimed Tully as she placed the plateful of food on his bedside table. She sat quietly on his bed and watched him finish his half empty tumbler containing some clear looking liquid that she assumed was alcohol. "I'm sorry about causing a scene in front of Molly," she said although she was far from sorry. She decided she would apologise if it would help him feel better by feeding his ego.

"No need to fucking lie to my face, Candy, I know you're not," he sighed as he got up from his seat. He approached her slowly and he eventually stopped in his tracks to stand in front of her. He was so tall and she felt very small and intimidated. "Don't get too cocky and too over-fucking-confident, Candy, just because you're my wife and I fucking care for you doesn't mean I'm not afraid to ruffle your feathers," he claimed, "I've broken you once, I can do it again."