Chapter 12

***Warning : MILD ADULT THEMES/ MATURE CONTENT below

By now, most of the Sanctuary's residents were aware that Negan had taken another wife. For a change, his new wife was not a wife or a girlfriend of any of his men. His new wife was certainly different from his other wives. Not only did she refuse to dress herself in the skimpy attire that Negan wanted the women in his harem to wear, she also refused to sit around in the wives' quarters and do nothing all day. Although she didn't have to earn points anymore, Tully still did chores. The chore she was particularly involved in was meal preparation. Negan's simple reason for allowing her to work in the kitchen in particular was that the food was horrible whenever she didn't make it. Jenny, Sarah and the other kitchen workers seemed to have such basic imagination when cooking and often served the most bland food that Negan and many of the Saviors learned to hate. Therefore, by popular demand, Tully was back in the kitchen. She didn't mind. In fact, she loved doing work. She discovered immediately that not doing anything at all left her bored and Tully hated being bored.

She dedicated most of her new free time with her girls too. Molly and Carly were healing slowly from their burns and Jamie was always around to help Tully. Tully used her privileges to acquire things easily for the girls, including items of entertainment value such as books to keep them entertained during long days. The word about her involvement with Negan still hasn't reached her girls and Tully wished that it never will because she was quite unsure how to explain it to any of them.

"My arms are itchy," Molly claimed one morning as Tully applied some ointment on her healing burns.

"That means it's healing, honey," Tully reassured the girl. "Is that the same for yours, Carly?" she asked the other girl who lay on their makeshift bed with a comic book in her hand.

"I saw her peeling off her skin earlier," Jamie claimed, revealing Carly's activities that Tully was unaware of.

"Carly don't do that please, you're going to irritate it and it might cause some infection," she reminded the child.

The girls were unaware of the presence of the person standing outside their room and peering through the slightly opened door. However, when Negan stepped inside the room without knocking, the girls saw him immediately and happily greeted him while their mother, who was now busy folding their clothes, realized he had entered the room.

"Damn, you girls look shitty, those are some ugly burns," Negan claimed as Tully looked at him with a scowl. He saw it and appeared guilty all of the sudden. "I didn't mean that in an insulting sort of way, I was just stating the fucking obvious," he added immediately, addressing Tully to explain himself.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him, a little annoyed that he invaded the one room in the whole entire building where she could be away from him.

"I came to say goodbye," Negan explained. The girls asked immediately where he was going and Negan proceeded to explain animatedly that he needed to kick some walker ass. This seemed to satisfy the girls but it left Tully intrigued. She was certain that Negan and his men weren't going out to collect more supplies since it hasn't been long since they collected some. She wondered quickly where he was actually going and what he would be doing. She hated that she knew very little about the Savior's activities apart from the fact that they collect their supplies from other groups who owed them. She didn't even know why they owed them.

"Okay," Tully murmured as she returned back to the task at hand. At least she would be away from him for a while, she saw that as a very good thing. She needed a break from him.

"Aren't you going to give me a fucking goodbye kiss?" he asked Tully, instantly causing her to pause and stop what she was doing. She turned to look at him, she was completely horrified that he was going to tell the girls about 'them'. "I'm fucking kidding," he laughed. She had never felt so relieved. She was not really ready to tell her girls about her new status as a wife. "Why don't you look after your sisters for a few minutes Jamie, I need to speak with your mother," he told Jamie before nodding at Tully and obediently, she followed without a word.