Chapter 14

hey everyone! so to celebrate the season 7 premier, here's a chapter for ya'll

enjoy~

******

It was in the early hours of the morning when Negan woke up. The sky outside was still fairly dark and the sun hasn't risen up yet. He had woke up from the sound of Tully's voice. She had been saying one particular name in her sleep over and over again, Emily, she kept saying. She had her arms around him and her head resting at the little spot under his arm and next to his chest. Her tight embrace and her continual murmurs were the two reasons why Negan had woken up. It didn't annoy him however and since he couldn't go back to sleep anymore, Negan occupied himself watching Tully sleep. He didn't wake her up and was fairly glad he didn't when she finally relaxed in his arms a few minutes after he had woken up. She inched closer towards him until her face was buried on the side of his chest and Negan guessed that the nightmare she was having ended and perhaps turned into a pleasant dream. He watched her sleep for some time until the sun rose and the dark sky made way for the morning sky.

When Tully opened her hazy eyes later she instantly realized that she had been cuddling with Negan in her sleep. Immediately, she sat up with no recollection of the nightmare she had. She glanced over her shoulder and saw Negan, wide awake and watching her. For a change, she woke up fully clothed and so did he. They spent the night on the rooftop, talking. She talked more about herself as always. He carried her to his room eventually where they simply lied on the bed next to each other until sleep had taken over them.

"Good morning," she told him. However, before she could leave the bed, he hooked his arm around her waist and pulled her back down.

"Apparently, morning sex is the best. Should we find out?" he asked as he pressed his lips against her ear so she would not miss a single thing he said.

An hour later and Tully, slightly limping, made her way to the kitchen where she was running late for her chore. She was immediately busy with several tasks that had to be done in the kitchen in preparation for breakfast. After a morning spent with Negan, she was more tired than refreshed. For the remainder of the hour, she slaved away completing the chore she volunteered to do. Eventually, the dining area was bustling as the first group of people arrived for breakfast.

It was only a matter of time before Negan stepped in with three familiar girls with him. They approached Tully who was behind the counter. A little part of her was somehow glad that Negan was taking care of her girls. She was beginning to believe that he was serious about being a father to them. Of course it wasn't just Tully who was beginning to take note of Negan's soft spot towards the three youngest citizens of the Sanctuary, a lot of people simply assumed that he was simply doing it so that his new wife would stay with him, a type of strategy to control her while others assumed that the man, like many, still wanted to be a parent in the new world they lived in.

"At least one of us look freshly showered and clean," Tully commented at the sight of Negan. His slicked back hair looked damp and he looked more presentable than he did earlier in bed.

"Is that a new way to say what a fucking handsome mother fucker I am?" he grinned at her. Tully rolled her eyes and snatched the tray off his hands. She turned her attention to her girls and asked them if they slept well last night.

"Mr. Negan and I are playing ping-pong after breakfast!" Molly exclaimed excitedly after the girls assured Tully that they slept fine.

Tully handed Negan his tray that was now filled with food. "Good, make a loser out of him, baby," Tully told the girl.

"With you as my fucking wife, I'll never be a fucking loser," chuckled Negan, flirting with her. His comment instantly made the apples of Tully's cheek turn into a bright shade of red. The girls giggled at his little compliment and it further made Tully blush. It seemed like Negan finally learned how to turn her little negative comments into something positive.