Chapter 18

hey everyone,

so firstly, i owe you all a big apology for my late update. my wifi got disconnected because i'm a very broke uni student at the moment lol. i feel bad because i know some of you have been waiting for the update so i'll publish 2 chapters in one day to make it up to all of you and besides, i dunno when i will get back my internet access, right now i'm using the free wifi at a public library 

anyways, enjoy this chapter and the next and don't forget to leave a comment :)

******

Tully turned her gaze away from the window and towards the door after hearing it creak open. She caught sight of Negan who held Lucille in one hand and a book in the other hand. He smiled at her as he kicked the door behind him. Weakly, Tully smiled back at him, unsure why he had paid her another visit. He was with her just a couple of hours ago when he brought her food for dinner and kept her company as she ate.

"I brought you a book, Jamie said you might enjoy it," he said as he left Lucille near the door and approached her with the said book in hand. He handed it to her and awkwardly, Tully took the object from his hand. It was a book containing numerous fairy tales.

"Thanks," she said and Negan watched as she trudged towards the bed with the book he had given her. He hasn't left the room or moved like she was expecting when she began to occupy herself by reading the first page of the book he had given her. She wondered whether he was watching her and when she looked up from her book, she caught his gaze. "I-Is there a problem?" she wondered out loud.

Negan approached her quietly, he looked troubled although one would not notice it if they don't look hard enough. He sat down at the end of the bed and kept his gaze on Tully. "I missed you, Candy. I just want you to know that," he claimed.

She didn't know what to say in response to his statement. She closed her book and placed it on the bedside table. "Do you want to feel the baby?" she found herself asking him instead. He was stunned by her offer but quickly agreed. He inched closer towards her when she motioned for him to occupy the empty spot next to her on the bed. Without a word spoken to one another, Tully took his hand and placed it on her swollen belly. There was no movement from the baby simply because it was still too small for its movement to be felt but as Negan rested his hand on her belly, he realized that it was the most intimate moment he and Tully had shared since she had been locked in his room. He had kissed her a week ago but this moment they current share was different, he felt like he was much more closer to her than he was a week ago. He pressed his ear against her belly in an attempt to hear the baby's movement and while he did so, he felt Tully's fingers comb his hair.

"I think the baby's asleep," he declared a few minutes later. He sat up and looked at her. She looked tired and her brown eyes looked dull as if there was less life in it. "You should sleep, Candy. It's late," he suggested.

Tully allowed him to pull her into his arms. She didn't protest when he embraced her tightly and she was surrounded by his strong musky and leathery scent, instead, she relaxed in his arms and closed her eyes. "You can sleep here tonight," she told him quietly. "I hate sleeping alone, it scares me a little."

Negan's arms tightened around her and he pressed a kiss on top of her head. "You will never understand how much I fucking missed you, Candy," he chuckled, "I'm glad to be back on my own fucking bed with my woman."

As result of her punishment, Tully became very dependent on Negan. She relied heavily on him like never before. Lately, he would come and visit her daily with the excuse that she looked very shitty and he wanted to be around more often to make sure she was still alive and well. He brought her food. He brought her things that would entertain her such as books. He brought her news about how the girls were doing. He was her only company in the gloomy room. He was the only one she spoke to, the only one she socialised with and the only one who made her feel that she wasn't fully alone. She was completely isolated from everyone else and as a result, he was all she had. She was lonely when he's gone because she was alone. She hated being alone. Therefore, whenever he's around, she felt less lonely. He provided her the companionship she needed to keep her sanity in the gloomy room.