Chapter 21

Tully was walking with the girls, carrying their freshly washed and cleaned laundry when she caught sight of a familiar tall man walking on the other side of the corridor. Quickly, she turned around and walked straight to the opposite direction, avoiding the figure that quickly jogged towards her. "Candy!" he called, waving Lucille around as he ran towards her. Rather than turning around to face him, Tully continued to walk away from him briskly. "Candy!" he yelled out again.

Finally, her brisk footsteps came to a complete halt and irritably, she turned around and faced him. "What?!" she demanded. She was clearly vexed. In fact, it wasn't the first time in over two weeks that she had been pissed off at him. Whenever Negan was around, she would always be angry and impatient with him. It all started that terrible evening when she caught him with Sherry and of course, Negan didn't know that. He assumed that her crabbiness was just the product of her pregnancy.

"I got you some popcorn," he mused, ignoring her grouchiness. He waved around a small packet of microwaveable popcorn at her. From where he found it or how he discovered that she'd been craving for some, Tully had no idea. What she did know was that she had been visiting the food inventory often in search for some popcorn and had been unsuccessful at finding any.

She snatched the packet of microwaveable popcorn off his hand and placed it on top of the pile of clothes she carried before turning around to leave without further acknowledging him. "Come on girls," she said over her shoulders and quickly, the girls followed her.

She took the girls to the kitchen after dropping off their clothes with the intention of cooking the popcorn that Negan had given her. Tully wasn't sure why she had been craving for popcorn. It could be just the beginning of her pregnancy cravings or it could be because she wanted to be reminded of her childhood, of the times she'd have a bowl of popcorn on her lap while she sat with her sister on the sofa, watching TV. She cooked the microwaveable popcorn using a tin pot and soon enough, the empty kitchen was filled with the strong scent of buttered popcorn.

Tully shared her popcorn with the girls. Although she had been wanting the popcorn for a while, Tully only took a handful before allowing the girls to have the rest. Sacrificing was one of the things she learned since taking the role as the girl's mother. She watched them eat with a smile on her face. "Have some more, Mommy, the baby might want more," Molly said, offering her some more of the popcorn but Tully declined, assuring them that the baby had more than enough.

Soon, the girls were interrupted when the very man who had provided them with the popcorn stepped inside and approached the girls. "Do you want some, Mr. Negan?" Carly asked, offering Negan some popcorn in her hand. The man simply chuckled and took one before plopping it inside his mouth. His gaze was fixed on Tully who avoided his eyes and busied herself picking on her jeans.

"I was wondering if we can talk," Negan said, addressing Tully. She didn't say anything, instead, Tully got up from her seat and left the room and Negan interpreted her answer based on her actions. He followed her out of the room, away from the children's earshot. "If you think I didn't noticed, I did. You've been avoiding me like the fucking plague lately." Tully looked back at him blankly. Whenever she looked at him, she remembered seeing him with Sherry and it hurts, although, she never understood why. "What did I do wrong? Talk to me, baby," he said, approaching her until he had her sandwiched between him and the wall.

"It's nothing," she shrugged, "just the pregnancy." She didn't want to tell him anything that would make her appear jealous or affected by his actions because what he does with other woman shouldn't impact her. When she signed up to be his wife, she was well aware that she wasn't the only woman in his life so she had no right to feel hurt or betrayed. She didn't understand why she felt the way she did and blamed it entirely on the pregnancy hormones