Twenty-five: Say You Wont Let Go

Say You Won't Let Go

Cleo's POV:

Matthews Coronation is today. Time for Francis and I to step down from our thrones. Matthew is now 27, it's time for him to become King of England and its new land, and France. He is going to be a great ruler along side his beautiful Queen. I've never been so proud of him!

"Do you want to stand, my love?" I said as I came closer to Francis who was sitting in a chair.

"I will when they walk in." He said as he shifted his body upward.

"They'll be here any second." I said smiling.

Suddenly, in walked Matthew along side Y/N. They came to a stop a few feet before the Pope.

"King Matthew of France!" He said as he placed the crown on his head.

"Queen Y/N of France!" Said the Pope as he placed the crown her head.

I helped Francis stand as Matthew and Y/N turned around to walk out the room

"LONG LIVE THE KING! LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!" They all shouted.

-----

"Long may they reign!" Said Francis as we came close to Matthew and Y/N.

"Hello Father!" Said Matthew as he hugged Francis.

They began to have a conversation. I was pulled to the side by Norstradamus.

"I'm sorry to bother you, your majesty. But I fear that Francis may be gone in a few days." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"I had a vision during the Coronation. He..."

"He what?" I said as I grabbed his shoulder looking confused and sadness all at once.

"He dies, under a white tree."

I stumble back, "what?! No, he, no!"

"I'm sorry, I saw him." He took a deep breath in. "I'm sorry your majesty."

"Norstradamus, I've told you to call me Cleo." I bit on my nails pacing back in forth. "There's nothing we can do, is ther?"

"I'm afraid, no. I don't know when this will happen but what I do know is that he dies peacefully. No pain or anything will be brought to him. His reign will be remarkable, everyone will remember it. I would recommend to spend time with him, as much as you can."

"Thanks you Norstradamus." I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

I walked back into the ballroom. I watched as Y/N and Francis danced. It reminded me of our Coronation. Going back to those happy memories.

The memories that we shared, even when we were apart. I've always loved him. I never deserved his love for me, but I'm one lucky girl that I did have the chance to be loved by him.