Twenty: Promise

Promise

Francis POV:

"I'm sorry my love..." I said as I put the dagger through the side of her stomach.

" I said as I put the dagger through the side of her stomach

As I pulled the small dagger out, Blood started to spill. Her eyes looked at me confused.

"W-why?" She managed to say before falling to the ground.

"THE QUEEN! SHES BEEN HURT!" Screamed a servant.

They rushed over to her, punching me out of the way.

"My king, what have you done?" Said a Lord.

"I- I don't know..." I said as I let the dagger out of my hand.

"That won't justify it! If she dies, the Pope will stripe you from your power." Said the Lord as he came close to me, whispering in my ear.

"Then pray that she lives." I said fearlessly as I walked away.

---

"WHERES MY MOTHER!?" I could hear a familiar voice screaming.

"She's in her chambers resting." I could hear a servant tell the voice. "She can't have anyone see her right now."

"I don't care! Move!" The voice began to say.

I turned the corner to where the noise was coming from.

"Matthew, just let her rest! We can see her later!" Said Y/N as she tried to push him back.

"She's right. You're mother needs her rest."

He stopped trying to get through.

"This is all you're fault!" He said as he looked at me.

Part of me told me that he knew I was the one who had stabbed her, but the other didn't.

"I don't know what you are talking about!"

"You promised, that the both of you would come back unharmed and alive! Now look where she is! If she dies, I will never speak to you again!" He said as he waved a finger in my face.

"She's going to live."

I walked away into another room. I needed to clear my head. I didn't know why I had done what I did, but I didn't want her to hurt anymore. I hate the way she has become and it's all my fault. If I hadn't left her, she wouldn't be where she is now.