Twenty-four: How Will I Know

How Will I Know

Cleo's POV:

Its been 5 days since Francis collapsed. He hasnt woken up yet. Im getting worried and worried as each day goes by and i cant do anything but wait. Ugh! I cant do this anymore! Nostradamus and 2 other doctors have been in a room with him trying to do everything they can to save him. While im out here pacing arounnd a room doing nothing.

"Mother, you need to stop and rest. You havent slept at all!" said Matthew as he watched me pasce around the room.

"Ill sleep when i know Francis and awake." i said conntinuing to pace around.

"UGh! Why hasnt Nostradamus told us any-"

"Hes awake!" Said Nostradamus as he walk in through the door.

I quickly ran through the door to Francis room. As I saw him laying there, I couldn't hold my tears back.

"Oh my god, Francis!" I said as I ran to him.

He sat up a bit from the bed. I could tell he was in pain but he looked a lot better than what he did when in the beginning.

"Ugh, I'm fine, my dear." He said as he griped his side.

"I thought I had lost you!" I said as I laid a hand on his leg.

"Father, how are you?" Said Matthew as he walked into the room.

"I'm fine my son, but I would like to speak to your mother alone." Said Francis as he gestured his head to face Matthew.

Matthew nodded as he left the room with Y/N.

"Whats wrong?" I said as I looked at him confused and a little worried.

"I- I'm dying Cleo. I don't have long before I go."

I began to feel my heart beating faster and my breathing getting heavy.

"What? Please, don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry my love, Norstradamus said that I wont live long, the infection is getting worst. I wont leave you, ill always be with you, right here." He said as he placed a hand over his heart.

"How will I know? How will I know, I cant lose you, Francis. I need you here with me! I don't know what I would be with out you!" I said as I moved closer to him.

"I'm always going to be here with you, Cleo. I'm not going anywhere."

I laid my head on his chest. I begin to cry softly, I couldn't stand seeing him in pain.

"I want to step down from the throne and see Matthews coronation." He said softly.

"Very well, I'll have that arrangement made. Do you want me to go and let you rest?" I said as I looked into his brown eyes.

"No, please stay and lay with me." He said as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I nodded and laid beside him. We stayed that way the rest of the day.