Four: I Love You

I Love You

*Edited 10/26/23*

FRANCIS' POV:

I had woken up to feeling Mary in my arms. I forgot that she came to me last night, an overwhelming feeling of guilt suddenly washed over me as I realized that I lied to Cleo.

I got dressed, walked down to the throne room, hearing a bunch of voices as I entered the room.

"Mother, what's going on?" I asked.

"Cleo, she's gone."

"What?! What do you mean she's gone?"

"My dear, she left with Bash last night with her carriage and some of the guards."

"Leo, go get Harold!" Leo rushed out of the room.

That feeling that I got this morning, rushed back to me, knowing I had messed things up and the only one who would know was; Harold.

"Yes, your majesty?" Said Harold as he came into the room

"answer me this Harold, did Cleo come to my room last night?"

"Yes, your majesty. She did."

"And what did she want?"

"She wanted to speak to you but I told her you didn't want to be bothered. As Queen Mary ordered me to do if anyone was to come to your chambers last night."

"Did Cleo ask if I was with anyone?"

"Yes, she wanted to know the truth. I told her Mary was there. She then asked another guard to go pack things and get a carriage ready. Another guard saw her go to Bash's room. They left after that."

"And did you know where they were going?"

"No, your majesty only the guards who went know. But I did overhear some of her ladies in waiting talking, it seems she has gone back to England."

The mail boy came in with a card to Queen Kate. "Well, Kate what does it say?" Asked my father.

"She's back at English Court. It seems that in a matter of hours, my own daughter has manage to dethrone me, frame me for the murder of my late husband, and make Bash the King of England." There was a look in her eye that she didn't tell the full truth of what that letter said.

"That's impossible! He's a bastard son!" Said my mother raising her voice.

"What's all this commotion going on in here?" Said Mary with a cheerful voice.

"This is your fault! If you didn't come to my room last night, Cleo would still be here and Bash wouldn't be made King of England!" My anger boiled inside of me as I yelled at her.

She didn't say a word.

"I'm going to England mother." I said. "And Kate is coming with me, you will be handed over for the murder of King Michael.  Go get my carriage ready." I walked out of that room feeling a mix of emotions, I didn't know if it was the guilt mostly or the anger that boiled in me.