Seventeen: Stitches

Stitches

Francis POV:

"What the hell is your problem?!" I said as I got up and ran to Beth.

"I told her not to test me. She wanted this." She said as she dropped the sword.

"She didn't want this!" I screamed at Cleo.

"Say want you want to say Francis, but no one tests my authority. I am Queen!" She said as she wiped her hands with a cloth.

"Beth! Beth! Wake up!" I said as I shook her head trying to wake her."She's dead." As a tear came out I could see Cleo smiling.

"Guards take her and barry her properly in the grave yard." I said.

"I'm going back to the party." She said walking away.

"Everyone please leave us!" I said as I grabbed a hold of Cleo's upper arm.

As everyone left the room, I could feel the anger filling up inside of me.

"Why did you do that?!" I yelled.

"She had it coming, Francis." She said with no emotion in her.

"What are you!?"

"This is what you made me to be. You broke me and I picked myself up! For years I've told myself to never be the same innocent weak Cleo I was!"

This is all my fault. I made her like this! She was cut with my own mistakes, she stitched herself back up.

"I'm sorry, Cleo. I never meant to hurt you."

"No, you didn't, but you did." She looked at me with hurt and sadness filling her.

"I'm sorry for everything I did, Cleo. I never wanted this to happen. For our lives to be like this. I wanted it to be just you and me with Matthew."

"Look, Francis, you have us now and that's all that matters!" She says as she places each hand on my cheeks.

I suddenly feel a pair of soft lips on mine. It's the first kiss I've had with her since she arrived.

"Well looks you decided to kiss and make up." Says a familiar voice getting closer to us.

Mary.

"Mary? What are you doing here?" Asked Cleo.

"I've come because I need you're help." She said as her face looked more concerned.

"Why? Is everything alright?" Says Cleo.

"No, Spain has decided to attack my boarders. Condè doesn't have enough army's to beat them but with the alliance we have, I was hoping you could help me."

"Yes, of course!" Says Cleo. "Guards! Sent 9 companies of England to Scotland, they are to help Scotland defeat Spain!"

The guard nods then leaves.

"Why is Spain attacking your boarders?" I asked holding onto Cleo's hand.

"I don't know, Condè went to sort things out but he came back saying that John is doing it for revenge."

"Revenge?"

"That's what I would like to know." Said Mary.

We both look at Cleo. She use to be with John, she should know why he's doing this.

"If you are thinking that I have something to do with this I don't!" She looked confused and angry.

------

Cleo's POV:

Flashback

"John, you can't go after her! I won't let you!" I said as I looked at him in the eyes. He avoided looking at me.

"What are you going to do? Kill me?" He said in a more joking way.

"Are you stupid?! I would never hurt you! But you can't go after her!"

"Then don't go to France! Don't go with him!"

"I can't stay here with you, you're married and so am I! I only do what I do because the pope is scared of me."

"Fine, but all the deaths will be on you!" He stormed out of the room not letting me say anything.

End of Flashback

"Are you sure it isn't because you didn't marry him?"

Yes and no. I didn't say a word.

"Cleo, you have to tell us if you know something. My country is on the line." Said Mary as she grabbed my hand gently.

"I already sent you 9 companies. Don't make me take it back." I said as I left the room.

I knew what I had to do.

---

"Tell King John, that I have arrived" I said as I took my cloak off. "I'll be in his chambers, waiting."

I went into his chambers and sat there waiting for him to enter.

"Well, look who decided to come back to me." He said as she walked in smirking.

I stood up, making my way to him.

"If you're going to do it just do it." I said smirking.

He pulled me closer to him, he looked me in the eyes before he kissed me.

-----------------------

Sorry I didn't upload sooner! Got very busy! Plot twist!

-JC