Twenty-one: Beautiful Thing

Beautiful Thing

Francis POV:

"Can I tell you something?" I said to Cleo as we walked through the garden.

"What is it?"

"Remember a few weeks ago, when I had that nightmare?" I was ready to tell her what I really dreamt.

"Yes. What about it?"

"Here lets sit." I said as I moved us to a bench." Well, in that dream, I had stabbed you. Now before you say anything, I didn't it because in that dream you seemed to have gone mad. I couldn't take seeing you like you were. But when I did it, it felt so real. And when you were close to dying, you told me so many beautiful things! I hated myself for doing what I had done." I said as I looked at the ground.

"Francis, it's okay. It was only a dream. I'm here with you now, I'm not going anywhere." She said smiling as she lifted my face to see her.

"I know." I said as I kissed her hand.

We continued to walk throughout the garden, alongside the pond.

"Your majesty, Matthew wishes to speak to the both of you privately in his chambers." Said a servant as she came up to us.

We nodded and started walking inside the castle.

---

"Matthew, is everything alright?" Said Cleo as we entered the room.

"Yes, mother. Y/N and I have something important to tell you."

"What is it?" I said as I sat on a chair.

"Y/N, she's with child." He said as he sat next to Y/N, who was rubbing her stomach.

Cleo and I both looked at each other with excitement.

"Really?" She asked looking at the both of them.

"Yes, mother!" Said Matthew smiling.

"Yes! Oh, yes! Finally a grandchild!" She said as she placed her hands together.

"How long have you known?" I asked smiling.

"Well, I waited to make sure as I hadn't gotten my visitor (period), so once I knew, I found out I am pregnant. That was almost 3 months ago."

"3 months ago?!" Said Cleo.

"Yes."

"Well, we need to take care of you and the baby, we need to go over everything!" Said Cleo talking about baby stuff.

Cleo grabbed Y/N as they exited the room, leaving Matthew and I alone.

"My son."

"Yes?"

"It's a beautiful thing! You're going to be a father soon enough. Are you scared?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I am. I don't know what kind of father I am going to be but I do know what I do want to be."

"And what's that?"