Two: Superficial Love

Superficial Love

*EDITED 10/26/23*

CLEO's POV:

I woke up to the sun beaming on my eyes. I sat up, rubbing them. I then remember that Francis asked me to meet him at the stables, a smile rose to my face.

I quickly got up asking for the servants to help me get dressed. I wore black pants with a red dress that was long in the back but stopped at my waist line. I asked the servants to make my hair into a bun.

"Will you let Francis know that I will meet him at the stables." I told one of the servants.

"Of course, your grace."

"Please, call me Cleo." They smiled at me. Once they were done I told them that they could go.

As I made my way to the long hallway where Mary and I had an argument a day earlier, I saw Francis and Mary walking hand in hand out the door way that leads to the garden. Making my curiosity rise, I followed them out. They were talking and giggling together. I walked past them but still a few feet away, making sure Francis saw me.

As I got to the gate that lead out to where the horses were, I turned around still seeing Mary and him talking.

"Hi." I said to a boy with brown shaggy hair.

"Hi, your grace." He said to me.

I giggled a bit, "Please call me Cleo."

"I'm Sebastian."

"Well it's nice to meet you Sebastian." I said taking my hand out.

He shook my hand and smiled.

"Do you need something?" He asked

"I was suppose to go riding with Francis but I see that he is busy with Mary." I looked away, not wanting my jealousy to surface even more.

"Yeah well my brother has a way with the ladies." He said it with confidence, as if it meant that he was toying with every girl he has met.

"Excuse me, did you say brother?"

"Yes, well he's my half brother."

"Oh, so your the King's bastard?"

"Yes that will be me."

"Well, since Francis decided to do something else, will you go riding with me?" I asked as I smiled.

"I don't think it would look right in the eyes of others." I rolled my eyes at his response.

"Nonsense, we're friends, plus they know Francis can't have us both at the same time. And well I want to explore."

"Very well then." He said as he got a horse read."You can choose one."

I saw a white stallion. It looked so beautiful but then I saw the armor it had on it, it's Mary's. I then saw a black stallion a bit bigger than Mary's.

"This one."

"I'll get it ready for you." He said smiling.