Twelve: Like I'm Going To Lose You

Like I'm Going To Lose You

CLEOS POV:

Today is Matthew's 1 birthday. We are throwing a huge party. Of course a lot of children are attend.

"Cleo, you need to finish getting ready. Matthew has been put down for his nap." Said a servant.

The party wasn't going to start till the sun was setting. I was a bit anxious to see everyone there.

"Okay, I'll get myself dressed, please, I want some time alone."

She nodded then headed for the door.

As I was getting dressed, I felt eyes on me. As if someone was watching me as I got undressed. I shrugged it off thinking it was my imagination.

I was finishing getting my dress and doing my hairs. I was startled by a candle holder falling. I stood up, looking around the room.

"Hello, is anyone there?" I said walking towards where the candle holder fell.

"Don't drink the wine! People are here to hurt you." Said a voice, I couldn't pin point where it was coming from but it did repeat the same thing over 5 times.

"Please, come out."

I suddenly hear my door open. It's Francis walking in. He startled me.

"Afternoon my darling, Matthew is awake and is asking for you." He said as he entered the room smiling.

Matthew has learned how to say mommy and daddy. He's even started to walk a bit. Standing on his own mostly.

"Okay, I'll be there in a sec."

"Cleo, is everything okay?" He asked a bit worried.

"Yes, I'm just thinking about tonight." I lied.

"Come on, I'll walk you to the nursery."

We walked to the nursery, making talking of the party that's later tonight. Once, we reached the nursery I walked in and looked at Matthew, he looked so much like Francis but had my dark hair.

---- Party Time ----

"Thank you for coming!" I said as we were greeting guess.

I stood there holding Matthew in my arms. I kept looking at the way Matthews little hand would grab mine. As I looked up I saw a familiar person walk up to us as he was holding the hand of a girl.

"Francis, look who just walked in." I said in his ear quietly. He looked at me then looked up to the man who walked in.

"Why, what a pleasure to see you here, John." Said Francis as he walked up to John, smiling.

"Couldn't miss Matthews first birthday." He said smiling .

"Yes, very well enjoy the party." Said Francis.

"I will most certainly will." Said John as a smirk appeared on him.

"It'll be a fun night, Cleo." He said as he walked up to me.