Five: Make Me Cry

Make Me Cry

*Edited*CLEO'S POV:

I sat there in my chair waiting for Bash to come. Moments later he appeared with Francis. Both smiling and laughing together. Bash made his way to me.

I couldn't let my feelings for Francis get in the way of my soon-to-be marriage with Bash.

"Hello everyone!" Yelled Bash to get everyone's attention, not saying anything to me."I would like to make an announcement. Cleo, as much as want to come to love you , I can't. I will also not be crowned king. Someone else will love and care for your country just the same." He said as he turned his head seeing Francis who was on one knee.

"Francis...." I could feel my breathing getting heavy.

"Please let me say something. Forever can never be long enough for me to have you. Forget what the world says, my love for you is alive and will never die, now there's one thing left that I need to do, as the weight of everything has lifted, and love has surely shifted my way to you, Marry me? Today and every day!" He said smiling holding a diamond ring that I had given to Bash to give to me.

I stood up and walked his way.

"Francis..I.."

"Please, say yes. Be mine." He said as he stood up.

"Yes!" I said as he put the ring on my hand.

"Yes!"  I said as he put the ring on my hand

--------

The rest of the night everyone dance and laughed together. Francis and I enjoyed each others company. Bash left back to France to let King Henry and Queen Catherine, know that Francis and I are getting married and that he will be the next king of England.

"Thank you for coming!" I said as guess left.

"Francis, come with me!" I said as pulled is arm.

"Where are we going?" He said smiling.

"It's a surprise! Come on!"

I took him out to my favorite place in the castle, the tower. There I had a bunch of art supplies, my personal things that I have had as a child.

"What is this place?"

"My hiding place. Its where I can escape everything that's going on in the world for a brief moment."

"All of this is yours?" He said as he started touching things.

"Yes, most of the things here my father would get me when he would go away on trips, the rest are gifts and things I have found around the castle."

"Whose this?" He said as he looked at a painting of a young girl.

"Its me, when I was a young girl."