Six: Act Like You Love Me

*Edited*

Act Like You Love Me

FRANCIS' POV:

As I made my way to the room, my mind kept thinking of seeing Mary again. This was the plan, to get Cleo to sleep with me so she wouldn't become Queen and destroy Scotland, it would ruin her reign; that's exactly what we wanted. The next person in line for England's King would be Cleo's cousin.

As I opened the door, I looked around to find Cleo gone.

"Guards, where did Cleo go?" I became frantic.

"She was going back to her room, your majesty."

i didn't say anything to the guards. I ran to Cleo's room, i was afraid that she had woken up and come across Mary and I. I didn't knock on the door, i went right in, to see that she wasn't there.

"Do you know where Cleo is?" I asked Chloe, who was walking by.

"The last time i saw her she was going to speak to English Court, your majesty."

"Do you know why she was going to see them?"

"She did say that she had received a letter that Spain was under attack, so she was going to ask the Court to send men."

"Okay thank you!" I felt a sudden relief.

"Your majesty, you must know that you can't go in there when they are talking about official things, you aren't part of the English Court just yet." said Chloe.

"Yes, thank for letting me know."

I walked away, thinking of what Cleo was talking about to the English Court, what Chloe said made me feel like she was lying. I got to the door, knowing I shouldn't barge in but I needed to know, walking  in I saw them looking at a map.

"Francis, you can't be in here." Said Cleo as she looked at me, I couldn't read her. She didn't show any expression, she has this cold heartless feeling to her.

"I'm sorry, i was worried when i couldn't find you, I'll go now." Looking at her she gave me a blank stare. I began to grow an uneasy feeling grow in me.

I left the room, grow a bit thankful that she may have not heard anything of what Mary and I had done.

---------------------------

CLEO'S POV:

I told the servants to gather, the English Court-men.

"Chloe, if you are to see Francis, tell him that I am with the English Court-men discussing an urgent message I received from Spain. Tell him he is not to go in the room, he isn't part of English Court just yet."

"Yes, Cleo." She said as she walked away.

I waited there in the room. As the men arrived, i began to explain what Francis and Mary plot to do against England.

"I have asked you all here because i have found out that France has plotted something against England, to take my crown, your rightful Queen. While many of you would rather not have a woman in power, but Francis is here, to be the next king of England, and i will not let that happen with the information i have received. I want you all to agree with me, Francis and Mary Queen of Scots have plotted to get me to sleep with Francis, then he was going to call off the engagement. In this matter, i wouldn't be able to marry anyone, i wouldn't be fit to be Queen. I will not let that stand! Now, before anyone of you start to ask if i did sleep with him, yes i did, but may i remind why you all still have your heads. I will still be made Queen, with or with out a husband and i will marry who i want and when i want! I order to have Mary removed from the castle immediately, they are to never come to England, And England is to never form an alliance with France or Scotland. For now, Francis will still be thinking that i do not know nothing of this, he will be thinking that we are still getting married and are doing the coronation. Then we will announce that we will not be getting married nor will he be crown King of England. We will also move immediately to take Scotland. All those in favor." I said as I rose my hand. Today, is the day i made myself not feel anything anymore, to be a ruthless cold-heart Queen. I never wanted to become; but when you get pushed and pushed, you start to push back.

One by one they rose their hands.

"Now i want all of you to act like we are discussing a matter of Spain." I said as i laid out a map and set some wooden pieces on the table." I have a feeling Francis will be coming to look for me. He must also not know that we have had this talk."

After about 5 minutes, Francis come through the door not bothering to knock.

"Francis you cant be in here." I said trying not to show any expression.

"I'm sorry, I was worried when I couldn't find you, I'll go now."

He walked out the door, I waited a few minutes before I said anything.

"Thank you for meeting with me, you all may go now."

I walked to the throne room, sitting in my chair waiting for the guards to bring Mary. Asking servants and guards to gather around.

She stood there, confused. I looked at her for a few minutes wondering what to say to her. "Why have you come to England, Mary?"

"I thought i would pay you a visit cousin, i hadn't been here to England since i was a child."

"Really? Is that all you came here for, come on Mary tell me the truth." She sensed that i knew she was lying.

"If you must know, i had to speak to Francis." She tensed up.

"Whats so important that you had to travel from France to my court? Couldn't it had waited?" 

"It was very important, but as seeing that he has been with you and attending to other matters, i couldn't find him." I stood up, walking towards her. 

"Have any of you here seen Mary and Francis speak tonight?" I asked everyone in the room, where guards and servants stood.

"I did your, majesty. In the east side of the castle." said a servant girl.

"Anyone else?"

Five other came forward saying that they did see both of them speaking to each other.

"Why do you bother lying, Mary?"

"I wasn't lying." The expression on her said otherwise.

"Oh but you are. You see this is my castle and i have eyes and ears everywhere. Do you really want me to take your country? Or should i take your head? I was going to let Francis protect your sweet country you call home, but he isn't going to help you when you need him the most." I said. "Here i was thinking we could form a peace treaty between you and I, i don't want or need any anger. The decisions you've made have come to this, now please don't say anything, but hear this, you are to never come near England or step on England soil or i will have your head for treason. Don't let it come to that. Now, please go back to your country for you have a war brewing. Ready her carriage, don't let her speak to Fran-"

"Cleo, what's going on?" Said Francis as he walked in the room.

"Oh, Mary and i were just talking. She's going home tonight. Do you want to accompany her back to France?" I looked at him with a smile.

They both disgusted me.

"Did she do anything to you, Mary?"

"Francis, now it isn't nice to make up such allegations to your future wife and your queen i must say. I was only asking her why she was here. No one invited her."

"I invited her here, Cleo!" He said raising his voice.

"You cant just invite someone without letting me know Francis, this is my court. I'll let this slide, if it happens again well i'll come up with something to punish you." I said with a sincere face. " Now since you brought her here take her home." I said as i turned around walking back to my chair.

Francis looked at Mary, letting go of her hand. "Mary, I'm sorry but my place is here with Cleo."

"Very, well. I'll be going now." She said.

He chose wisely, but this isn't the end of this. France and Scotland will see my true colors. 

No one is safe.

----------------------

There's chapter 6! Big plot twist!

-JC