Fourteen: Breathe

Breathe

CLEOS POV:

We came back to the castle from our getaway, 2 weeks ago and Francis has been acting weird. He has asked us not to sleep in the same chambers. I've asked him so many different times if I had done something wrong. He refuses to speak to me.

"Catherine, can I ask you a question?" I said as we walked through the garden.

"Of course, what's wrong?" She looked at me concerned.

"It's Francis. I don't know what's wrong but as you know, We don't sleep in the same chambers. Do you know if I did anything wrong?"

"Why don't you ask him, go to him now. I haven't spoken to him recently. Go to him now."

She was right, I should just lay it out and talk with him whether he liked it or not, in his wife. There's no way he has a mistress, when we got married he said if would only be him and I, no one else.

"Okay, I'll go to him. Thank you!" I said as I hugged her.

I ran back to his room. Hoping he was there, as he was ring meeting anyone and he wasn't out riding.

I knocked on the door twice before entering.

"Hey Francis we nee-" I looked at him in bed with another." Just me and you, huh?! Why?"

"Cleo, it isn't what it looks like!" He said as he cover the girl who was naked.

"No, Francis. It isn't what it looks like, I'm not standing here looking at you naked with another girl. It's not what it looks like, but it doesn't look like, you lost me and I hate you!" I said with anger filling my whole body. "Is this why you asked to sleep in different chambers?!"

He didn't say a word.

"Got damn it, Francis, answer me!" I said.

"I don't love you the same anymore." He said with no emotion.

"Okay, well in that case be happy with your mistress and I'll go back to England. Bye, Francis." I said as I left the room.

"Wait, Cleo!" I could hear him say.

---

"Cleo, you can't leave!" Said Catherine as she came behind me.

"I'm leaving and taking Matthew with me. He's the stupid one for making the mistake!" I said as I got inside the carriage. "He isn't even coming to stop me or anything, he clearly doesn't care anymore for his wife or child! In going back to my country and ruling from there. If you need anything, you know where to find me. Goodbye Catherine. Let's go!"

The carriage began to move. I'm leaving and I'm never going to come back.

------

As we reached the gates to the England Castle, I could fell chills run down my whole body, I haven't been here in ages. I let my Uncle Mark run as regent, while I was away.

"Hello, you're majesty!" Said a guard as I came out of the carriage.

"Ay, it's nice to have you back! I was beginning to worry I would have to do this for a long time." Said Mark as he came out the doors.