I was taken back by his words

I was taken back by his words. I suddenly understood why. Why he wanted to wait. My stupid stubbornness was in the way of letting me see his reasons.

"Okay, we'll wait." I said as I put a hand on his arm.

---

"Mother, what's going on?" Asked Matthew as I walked into his room.

"It's the plague. It has returned."

"What?!"

"That is why your father has asked you both to stay in your chambers."

"I have to go now, but I'll be back later."

---

I walked into the throne room to see Francis standing there before his throne looking at the servants and guards.

"Cleo, please come." He said as he waved his hand to me.

"What going on?" I said quietly.

"I have asked you all here today for important news." He looked at me with fear in the words he was about to say.

"We are afraid to say that the Black Death has returned." I said before he could say anything.

"We don't want you to be alarmed, we have closed the castle. Not letting anyone out or in."

Suddenly a woman fell to the ground with blood coming out of her. The guards rushed to her.

"ITS HERE!" Yelled a guard.

The plague. In the castle? My son. My grandchild.

Immediately, the guards sent four large barrels of woods to be burning in front of Francis and I. We sat there in our thrones. The thought of the plague in the castle scares me. I cant bare to hear people scream in pain.

----

"Francis, I cant sit here any longer." I said as I turned my head to him.

"I'm sorry, love. I cant do anything, we have to wait here patiently."

"we've been sitting here for three days. I'm tired and hungry."

"I know."

"'I know' is all you can say? Do something!"

he stood up from his throne, he walked to the door. He whispered something to one of the guards before leaving. Leaving me alone with two guards guarding the door. I stood up and made my way to the door.

"I'm sorry, your majesty, but under the kings orders. You cant leave this room."

I didn't bother pushing through them. They were stronger and bigger.

"Ugh!"

-------

Francis POV:

I walked out of the throne room to my chambers. I needed to breathe and not be with Cleo. The pain was growing stronger and stronger. Ive taken the medicine that he has given me the past few months but its not working anymore. I cant stand to lie to her anymore. I need to tell her the truth.

I walk to his room.

"We need to speak."

"Yes. Whats wrong?"

"Its back."

"What is? The plague, yes I know of that."

"No, I'm dying."

"I'm sorry, its only a matter of time." Said Nostardamus.

I'm dying and theres nothing none of us an do anymore.

------------

Well, that's a short and sweet chapter...

I hope you all are enjoying the story.

please comment and tell me wha you all think of it.

much love.

-JC