Twenty-one: Beautiful Thing

Začít od začátku

"A father who is going to be there, never leaving. Who is going to guide their child through life. To love and to cherish them just like mother said before you went to Spain. I'm going to love and cherish them with all my might!" He said smiling.

I know part of what he said 'never leaving', was about me. I never got to see him grow up and it kills me. I should've been there for him when he needed me.

"That's good! I want you to be the best you can be!" I said as I touched his shoulder.

---

Cleo's POV:

"Now you will get mood swings every once and a while," I said as I grabbed some food. "And by that I mean all the time!"

"What's all this for?"

"We need you to eat fruits for breakfast only, chicken and meat with mash potatoes during dinner. It's what I ate when I was pregnant. We can change it up a bit everyday for you." I said smiling.

She looked a bit confused on everything I was telling her, but I couldn't expect her to be an expert on this whole pregnancy thing.

"You'll also need a lot of sleep, it's good for you and the baby."

"Thank you, Cleo! Thank you for being so kind and love to me." She said as she placed a hand on top of mine, smiling.

"You make Matthew happy and for that I am grateful for you!"

We talked a bit more before I realized that she was getting tired. I sent her to sleep and I made my way to the library.

"Oh, hello Narcisse, I didn't see you there."

"Hello, Queen Cleo." He said as he placed a book in a table.

"Please call me Cleo. How's Lola?" I said as I went to reach for a map.

"She's excellent!"

"And the baby?"

"She's turning four soon!" He said smiling.

I smiled at him as I laid the map out.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm looking over the area I have in England, so I can give it to-" I was going to say Matthew and then it hit me that I had never given Narcisse or Lola a gift when they had their wedding.

"So you can what?" He said in a somewhat of demanding voice.

"I have some land, it's about 10 acres. I never gave you or Lola a gift. So here's my gift, there is a very large home there, it also has a lake. It's for you and Lola." I said to his as I gave him the map.

"I don't know what to say." He said as he took the map into his hands.

"Oh, don't tell me, you already have land in England?" I said as my face got sadden.

"No, no. I'm just a bit confused."

"Confused? On what?"

"Why?"

"Why? What?"

"Why, are you being so kinda and sweet?"

"Narcisse, despite our differences. Lola is a dear friend of mine and I want her to be able to visit England and have a home of hers to go to and not feel like she's intruding anyone by staying at their homes. I want her to be happy where ever she goes."

"Well, thank you! I'm sure she's going to love it!"

"I hope so!"

Narcisse and I continued to talk for a bit more before Francis came in through the door.

"There you are love."

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yes, I was looking for you and Narcisse. We need to discuss the sickness that is going around."

"What are you talking about?"

"You didn't tell her did you?" Said Narcisse as he let out a big sigh."We fear that the plague has started."

The plague?

----

I have decided to continue this book up to chapter 25. I hop you all enjoy the story!

-JC