Chapter 16

Hey everybody, I am back with a new chapter for you! I am so freaking excited that its ridiculous. Thank you all for being so understanding about the updates and when they come! I'm doing my best and it means SO much to me that you enjoy! I love you SO much. Enjoy, loves. XX <3 -Hannah

**************************

CHAPTER 16: On the car ride, Hazel sat on Layla's lap, resting her head on Layla's shoulder. They smiled and giggled as they watched Alice and Syd belt out to the music that played through the radio.

By the time they pulled up to the black iron gates of the Amaro Estate, Layla could practically feel the excitement pumping through Hazel.

She didn't blame her—it was fun getting all dolled up to go to a party in a big mansion. The man at the gates smiled at Natalie as she said hello. He buzzed them in and they drove down the road leading to the circular driveway where many cars were parked.

The fountain that sat in front of the large mansion had pink lights lighting the bottom of the pool of water rather than the usual white that they usual were at night. Small lily pad's floated with each ripple of water, their petals gleaming in the pale rays moonlight. A white carpet led up to the doors, adorned with light pink rose petals as they began to climb up the stairs. Hazel held Layla's hand, looking around in awe as more people filed in behind them, women wearing beautiful dresses while the men wore impeccable suits.

"I don't know how you do it." Layla whispered to Natalie with a soft smile at the beautiful surroundings.

Natalie smiled shyly, pride in her gaze as she surveyed her party planning abilities. "Thank you, sweetie! I'm going to find my sexy husband." She winked and made her way up the stairs to the private quarters.

Layla looked down at Hazel and squeezed the small hand held tightly within her own. "Ready, love?" She asked and Hazel chewed on the inside of her cheek before she nodded, curls bouncing.

Layla smiled and with Alice and Sydney by her side, they walked into the large ballroom space—into spring.

Slowly, Layla smiled.

The room had white marble floors with veins of gray streaking through the polished stone. A large floor-to-ceiling window was adorned with beautiful silk drapes, showing the pool outside. The crystal blue waters shone with different flickering lights of pink, red, yellow and white-a cacophony of colors that spring claimed as their own with blooms of flawless flowers and colorful sunsets. The hanging trees overhead were strung with gold fairy lights.

Nobody was out there and Layla was sure it was mainly just for looking through the window-seeing the backdrop while you danced and spoke to everyone who arrived, but Layla yearned to go out and feel the breeze caress her skin with soft fingers, smell the damp earth mixed with pine needles and the surroundings patches of honeysuckle and rose bushes of white, pink and lavender.

Layla pulled from her gawking to look down at Hazel, finding her gawking even more. She stifled a giggle and kneeled down so she was eye-level with the little girl. Brushing a stray curl from her face, she smiled softly-loving the smile that Hazel repaid her with.

"It's like a fairty-tale...isn't it?"

Hazel nodded her head furiously, making Layla laugh again-throwing her head back.

It was then she felt the tingle race up her spine.

She straightened slowly, her heart immediately picking up pace, blood humming. Only one man could put that feeling inside of her.

Lips parted, she turned and found Julian staring at her from across the room.

Gods, he was beautiful and he cleaned up so well that it was almost sickening. He wore a white dress shirt, hair pulled back tightly at the nape of his neck to show off the harsh line of his jaw and the sinful contour of his lips.