Chapter 26

Hi my beautiful people<3 I am back and I have got a new chapter for you! Thank you for waiting! I am having a pretty bad flare up again and I feel really drained, but I'll be okay! I just hope you guys like this chapter! I cannot waaaait to see what you think! Ahhh! I couldn't really decide what song I wanted but I thought the one I put up here goes pretty good for Julian. I hope you enjoy so so much. I love you!!!! -Hannah

************************************

CHAPTER 26: As Charlene, Layla and Hazel drove back home, the ride was silent and solemn. Because of this, Hazel fell asleep within the first five minutes before they pulled up to the house. Upon looking out the window as Layla had suspected there were three large escalades sitting in the shadows around the house while men patrolled the outsides.

Layla sighed softly, looking down at Hazel as she slept against her chest. Charlene turned to her with a smile.

"Do you need help?" She whispered, nodding towards the little girl. Layla shook her head and leaned over to quietly open the door before she got out and pulled the little girl out after her, settling the weight on her hip as Hazel's head rested on her shoulder.

Together they walked up the porch steps and both Charlene and Layla nodded to the silent imposing figures in the shadows.

Layla stilled upon getting to the front porch step.

Moonflowers.

"Can you get those, please?" She asked Charlene in a trembling whisper.

The older woman nodded, a frown pulling at her brow. She bent down and picked them up.

"Do you know the men here tonight?" Layla asked quietly under her breath as she got the key out to unlock the front door, trying her hardest to avoid looking at the flowers laying in the crook of Charlene's arm.

The other woman shook her head. "No. I never do." She said with thin lips. "But I know to always smile at them."

Walking inside, Layla set the keys down on the table and turned to Charlene. "I am going to go lay her down. Lock the door, please?"

She nodded and Layla turned to go into the back bedroom.

Pulling back the covers, Layla laid Hazel's small body down and peeled off her small shoes before covering her up with the blanket. "Hop up!" She said to the cat who was currently standing by her feet.

Once the cat was settled down beside Hazel's head, Layla flicked off the light and kissed Hazel on the forehead before quietly walking out and shutting the door behind her.

Upon walking out into the living room, she found the moonflowers that had been laying outside on the front porch now laying on the dining table as Charlene set them down.

Layla stared at them for a long moment, a tremble of cold fear running down her spine.

Before she realized it, her feet were moving, her hands scooping up the bundle of flowers and crushing the soft delicate petals between her fingers as she threw them into the garbage can. Her heart was racing as she closed her eyes, trying to calm the bundle of hot worry that was a disgusting rush in her veins.

"Are you alright, dear?" Charlene asked quietly, voice worried.

Layla swallowed and turned to her. "Yes. I'm fine. Would you like some tea? Or coffee?" She asked and Charlene smiled.

"Tea would be wonderful."

Nodding, Layla moved around her so that she could go into the kitchen and grab the kettle from the cupboard before she gestured towards the barstools sitting at the island.