Chapter 6

Hello everybody! I'm back with a new chapter and I am so excited for you guys to read this chapter. SO excited. So without further ado, lets get into it. I love youuu! -Hannah

**********************

CHAPTER 6: Sitting on the couch, Julian stroked the soft fur on the cat's neck as the T.V. played noiselessly. He looked down at the little white ball of fur in his lap. He needed to name the damn thing. Not that he would keep it. He couldn't keep calling him 'The cat'.

His eyes narrowed as he contemplated it silently, but he didn't get to think for long. A loud ringing broke through the silence of the cabin and Julian sighed as he pulled the cat from his lap to set it on the pillow.

"Sorry, bud." He grumbled and grabbed his phone. "Duty calls."

The cat looked up, cocking his head to the side as Julian moved around the cabin to begin gathering the things he needed. Last, he filled up the little Tupperware container with cat food, got some water and then grabbed his jacket as he turned for the door.

"Be back soon!"

The cat let out a long meow before settling comfortable back down on the pillow. Closing the cabin door behind him, Julian jogged down his porch steps and started up his motorcycle.

His phone dinged and he pulled it out again to find the address printed on the screen. It wouldn't be too far or long of a ride and he hoped the scene wasn't too messy so that he could come back home and relax.

The day was dark and overcast, clouds hanging overhead like looming shadows as he zoomed down the roadways. He tried not to think about Layla, who for some reason, always popped into his head when he was on his bike. Perhaps because when he was on his bike, his mind was silent and at peace and he actually let himself give into the pleasure of indulging himself in Layla.

Not that he hadn't been doing that lately.

He had gone back to watch her sing and each time he watched her, he got lost in her performance—in her voice.

In her.

Then, he followed her back home, parking in front to watch her house. Then for a long while he would only sit and watch, his eyes aware and his gaze taking in everything.

He felt like a stalker most of the time and the self-disgust he felt after each night of doing it almost kept him from doing it.

Almost.

With Layla, he had this protective raging beast inside of him. He felt the need to watch over her and make sure that she was safe and happy.

He couldn't keep her happy so he might as well make sure she stay safe.

He told himself that it was because of honor-because of how he had promised to protect her that night on the mountain when he had found her, but that was only partly because of it.

The other part was because he was stupidly and completely drawn to her.

Enthralled by her, really.

He gave a fierce shake of his head and forced the thoughts from his mind and he parked in front of the address given to him.

The neighborhood was pretty run-down, chain link fences sitting at odd angles, overgrown with bushes and weeds while dogs barked in the distance in tandem with the loud wails of far off sirens from cop cars and ambulances.

His lip curled as he pulled off his helmet, but he forced himself to harden up and force everything into the little black box at the corner of his mind.