Chapter 9

Vic's POV
I was downstairs, watching tv, Mike was upstairs with Lilly doing who knows what. Jaime and Tony were out somewhere. I said" what are you doing?!" Mike said" nothing!" I said" okay! So lying??" He laughed, soon Lilly and Mike walked down, Lilly walked to me and laid her head on my lap, watching tv. I rubbed her arm and played with her hair, till there was a knock on the door. Mike and I looked at each other then I said" Lilly, move." She moved her head and Mike and I got up. We walked to the door and opened it, we saw our dad, he said" hello sons!" I heard Lilly say" Mikey, come cuddle." Mike looked at our dad then back to the living room, he said" in a minute!" I could see the anger in his eyes, I had hatred in my eyes. Why in hell is our father at our door? How the hell did he get our address?! I said" what are you doing here?" He said" I've missed my children, a lot, decided it was time to give them a visit." I said" no. We told you that day, you were never seeing us again, we've raised our little sister, and you will never get near her again." Lilly said" Vic, who's at the door?" I heard her foot steps, I said" no one, baby. Watch tv." I heard her footsteps retreat back to the couch, I looked at our dad, he said" I want to see my daughter." I said" you will never see her." Mike said" or get near her, touch her, speak to her, make eye contact with her, anything!" I said" Mike, calm down." Our dad laughed, he said" always a little bomb, he is, how do you control him?" He reached out to touch Mike, I grabbed his arm, I said" don't touch my little brother." I pushed his hand away, he said" fine, son. But I will see my daughter. And her mother will see her too." I said" never." He yelled" Lilly! Sweetheart!" I said" mike, go check on Lilly." Mike ran into the living room, he ran back, he said" she's not in there." I looked at our dad, I said" where the hell is she? I swear if you touched her..." he said" I haven't. I don't know where she is." Mike said" Lilly! Lilly?!" Lilly walked from the kitchen holding a knife, she was breathing heavily and shaking, our asshole dad said" teaching her how to kill." I said" no, I don't know where she learned that. But I'm so proud." Our dad took a step forward, then said" I won't give up till I see my daughter." He walked away, I closed the door and locked it, Lilly dropped the knife and started falling, Mike ran over and held her in his arms, bending with her till he was crouched next to her. I said" Lilly, you're okay, you're okay." I moved the knife, and then crouched next to her, I gently held her face, I said" you're okay, Lilly, you're okay." I kissed her head, she stopped shaking after a few minutes and then relaxed, leaning back against Mike. I said" hey, hey, we're right here, we're right here." I put my arms under her knees and then Mike held her sides and then lifted her. We carried her to the couch and sat on either side of her, we knew she was terrified. I said" it's okay, Lilly, we aren't going to let anything happen to you. I swear." She nodded and cuddled into Mike, he held her tightly, I turned on her favorite movie and then rubbed her knee. Our parents will never see her again.