Chapter 5

After lunch I went my own way to the super market. "Hey where are you going Mags?" I thought that Alex was talking to someone else so I kept on walking. "Megan!" I turned around facing the men. They were right behind me.

"I asked where are you going?" I looked at Alex. He called me Mag's. It was a bit of an surprise coming from someone I just met "Did you call me Mag's" He shook his head "Yes"

"Why? I like my name." I asked confused. He shrugged looking at me. "Don't know! Where are you going?" He repeated his question dropping the nick name. "I have some groceries I need to get before heading home."

I turned around and continued to go to the groceries store. I was thankful that they did not follow me. After getting everything I need I headed home. After coming home and putting everything in its place I went outside and stripped down to my skin and shifted to my wolf.

I ran into the forest just as the sun started to set making the forest seem magical. Small animals would scatter in to their homes as I ran past. I would stop and play for a short minute and continue with my run.

I heard the water rushing in the river and changed course to taste the cold water. I was enjoying nature so much I did not notice it was dark out.

The moon was shining brightly. Giving nature its natural light for the night. After lapping up water I stood to my full height and looked at my reflection in the water.

My blue eyes seem to fit in with my fur in the reflection of the water. When in reality if I stood looking in a mirror my blue eyes were the first thing you noticed with my fur.

Some would say I am white others would say I was silver. But I was a combination of both. My entire body was covered with white while a layer of silver covered over it. So when the moon was at its brightest I was almost invisible to the world.

You could say the moon is my shadow. But even when the moon was black and the sun shone I could still hide in the shadows and no one would know I was there. Although I didn't always blend in.

When I first got home I didn't know how to hide myself with my fur seeing I was white in a sea of brown and green. One day Sasha, Red and I went for a run. The early morning sun was bright and wasn't going to relent. After a while of running we stopped to rest.

By noon we had to make our way home. When Red and Sasha looked up they couldn't see me properly. The sun was reflecting on my fur and shining in their eyes. Red had tested it when and where I would be the most noticeable but and found that shadows were my weakest point. But I knew the moon was my strongest disguise and they had yet to discover this.

His theory was that because it looked like I was coated in light silver it made blending in to my surroundings easy. This also made me highly sought after from wolf poachers. Some knew of our existence and would do anything for a rare werewolf hide.

So I had taught myself to blend in where ever I was. It became second nature. Seeing as the moon was out to play I decided to play a game with Sasha and Red. I ran all the way to their home. My luck was in, they were outside.

I hid my scent and deliberately stepped on a stick. Their head shot up to the forest line to look for the intruder. I was standing in plain sight but they could not see me. I stepped on a stick again and turned around to bolt in to the forest.

I knew when I turned they would get a glimpse of me but still wouldn't know it was me. I ran around them when they entered to rile them up a little. I stood still in front of them again to see what they would do.

They were just about to call for help and I gave a playful grunt and released my sent. Sasha bolted and jumped on to me for scaring her. "You little bitch. We thought you were a rogue." I laughed in wolf form as best I could.