Chapter 23

The ride home was exhausting. After partying till dawn, Tyler wanted to get home the moment we arrived. So in, my tired state he had gotten me on my bike and we made the ride home. He had to talk to me the entire way just to make sure I stayed awake.

We got home and he helped me get my gear off and scooped me up from the bike in his arms and carried me to his room. The moment my head touched the pillow I was out.

I woke up to the sound of nails hitting a table in a waiting manner. I had tried my best to ignore the sound but it had woken me to the point that sleep no longer interested me. I sat up in the bed and found Miranda sitting at the table.

"You have a lot of nerve coming back here, don't you?" she stood up and stalked towards the foot of the bed. "The pack knows. Everybody knows who you really are." I was confused at what she meant. She grabbed my feet and pulled me down towards her.

"I did a little investigating. The spy girl really doesn't like you. So she had let me in on a little secret, you are the one that has caused those hideous monsters to exist." I could feel all the blood draining from my face. She smiled when she noticed this.

"So I had spread the word and the help of social media as well. It can do wonders! It's safe to say that the entire supernatural community hates you with their every fiber. There is even a bounty out for you." She threw the phone she had on my lap with the screen facing me. The post she had put up had a clear picture of me and my wolf.

The description made me break out in sweat and the comments were even worse. People really wanted me dead and would pay money to see me six feet under. I looked up to see she was gone. I got my body to move and through the covers off. I went in search of Tyler and found him in his study.

I burst through the closed doors interrupting the small meeting he had. He was standing face to face with another man that I could tell was an alpha. His head whipped to me and the entire room broke out in angry growls.

Why can't I just have a stress free day? As one problem leaves another comes along. My eyes dilated and I started shaking. Tyler walked to me engulfing me in a hug. "I know. I am trying to rectify the situation, my love."

I couldn't even hug him back. "You are seeing this girl? No wonder you don't want to see her head on a spike." Everyone agreed with the stranger who said that. They started arguing but Tyler kept me in his embrace. He broke from the hug and had his hands on my shoulders. "I will not let anyone hurt you, little love."

His eyes conveyed the promise he spoke. All I could do was nod my head. He walked back to his table with me by his side. He sat down and pulled me on his lap. His grip on me was tight to protect me from the angry wolfs.

"ENOUGH!" The command rolled around the room making the alphas all quiet. They all bowed their heads and I could see the fear his voice installed in them. "No one will touch her. We should be focusing on the real problem. A summit will be held in a months' time to discuss everything. All alphas and beta pairs will be required to attend. If anybody does not show I will know they are working for the enemy."

They all nodded their heads in understanding. "Spread the word." With those words, they were all dismissed. One alpha had stayed behind. Tyler waited patiently for him to speak. "With all due respect you grace but I don't think she should be able to roa...." Tyler growled before he could finish his sentence and the man ran from the room.

We sat in his office, not one speaking. He was thinking of the situation and trying to calm me down. After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door. I saw a lady show someone in the room and in walked his parents with Miranda and her goonies in tow.