Chapter 32

"Who are th...." I stopped at the corner ahead of them "Shhh! Stay here and lock the doors. Don't open them for anybody but me." I looked in the rear view mirror to see what building they had entered.

Sasha started to protests when I got out the car but I ignored her. I shut the door and I heard the click as she locked the doors after me. I went around the building and found the floor they were on.

The fire escape for the building was almost non-existent. Figures as it was abandoned. I looked up at the windows and jumped up using them as revladge. I just hope no one saw me.

I was on the window down from the floor they were at. I could hear everything that was going on and found more than the four heartbeats that exited the car.

I could hear chains rattling and the conversations the people had. "I saw the white wolf. She was with another wolf that's pregnant."

He basically shouted over the room. "But she saw me and left, so did every other wolf that was there." I heard something being flung and then shatter as it hit the wall.

"I told you to blend in." Someone else answered. As if that can happen. These people stood out like a sore thumb to me. "She smarter than she looks." More things crashed.

"He wants her and every other wolf associated with her and you let her see you." The mention of the mysterious person had my body in overdrive. We really needed to figure out who the mastermind behind all this was.

"We will find her and...." The man that followed me words was cut off as the angry man wrapped his hand around his throat. The faint slap of flesh and the sound of gurgling let me know what was happening. "It's not so easy. There is a barrier around the pack that is sending us in circles and until we can get the witch to break it, we need to get her outside of the pack."

I pulled myself up on to the ledge and looked in the window. The guy that was upset has already left and the doctor was on the ground filling his lungs with air. For a guy that is human, he can move fast!

They had set up a temporary lab on the floor. I could hear the chains but I couldn't see them. They must be deeper in the building.

I pushed off from the building and dropped down to the ground. I walked to the car and went home.

"Who was that?" I set all the things on the table. "Go home." She grabbed me by my shoulder and turned me to face her. I spoke before she could. "Go home Sasha and be with Red. I will tell you but not right now."

I was a little rattled at seeing a man from my past and wanted to be on my own. It wasn't long before Tyler stormed into the house. Our bond had become stronger and he could feel my anxiety.

He found me staring into space at the dining table. I was trying to wrap all the stuff but I just couldn't get the events out of my mind.

He kneeled before me and grabbed me into a hug. He saw glimpses of what had happened and that was enough for him to know what I felt. He picked me up and carried me to the couch. He laid me down and got in behind me. He turned on the TV but I couldn't hear what the people were saying.

Only when the sky was dark did I come back to reality. I turned on my back and told him what had happened. He listened to everything not once did he interrupt me even if he wanted to. Like I predicted he told me not to go to town. I left it there not wanting to feel even worse than I did. I went to bed on an empty stomach.

********

I had nagged him for two days to let me go to town. I was driving him up the wall. I haven't even gotten him anything yet and I was not going to be the one that didn't buy half her new family anything.