Chapter 17

My heart nearly fell out of my chest when I saw who had caused the air to become thick. The hairless rogue that had changed me stood in his human form. He had this menacing smile on his face as if he had found something he had lost. "Found you!"

His words were thick from the lack of use and they sounded broken. I knew what he wanted me for. He wanted to use me to breed his own kind of evil and it required for him to mark me. So I had to make him as angry as possible so that when he bit me it was to go for the kill instead of a claim.

I had fought him once before and I had lost horribly. It was the day I had met Red and he had saved me from this horrible being. I hope the training I had received was good enough to beat him or even kill him. His eyes shifted to the people behind me and I took action.

I ran towards him half shifted. I was not going to beat him if I wasn't at some stage of shifting. I got a punch on his face and he landed a blow to my stomach. I ignored the pain and quickly turned around to land a kick to his chest. He saw it coming and grabbed my foot.

He flung me across the little space we were in and I landed on a fallen tree. He was on top of me before I could even move and threw a punch towards me. I moved just in time to miss it and he punched a hole in the tree. He got mad when a saw a few splinters lodged in his hand.

While he was distracted I punched him a few times in the face and he staggered backwards. I could see that his rage was starting to take over and I was relieved it was working but now I had to worry about staying alive long enough for help to arrive. I had quickly realized we were evenly matched this time around.

I knew Sasha had linked for help and I just had to hold on long enough for them to get here. He swiped his claws across my stomach and then he punched me hard enough to go flying. I ignored the few wounds I had and shifted mid-air and landed in front of the group rolling a few times.

I staggered to my feet and saw he had also shifted into his wolf. We both bared our teeth before we ran and collided with each other. I bit anywhere I could but I would quickly lose my grip. I then went for his leg and bit down breaking the bone. He gave a quick yelp and bit down on my back.

I tried to twist myself to get him off but opted on biting into his shoulder. Seeing as he didn't have any fur, I had bitten so deep that I could feel my teeth scraping against bone. He then, in turn, let go of my back and sunk his teeth into my flank ripping of fur and flesh.

He momentarily got lost in the thrill of the blood pouring into his mouth and I quickly glanced to my flank to see a good sized wound. It looked like someone had taken a knife and carved out a piece of flesh to put over a barbeque. We were back at it trying to rip each other up as much as possible.

I was happy to say he had more damage than I did but he was sinking his teeth into vital areas. He had ripped into my shoulder, hindquarter and even tried to rip my hamstring but only succeeded in damaging it.

We were both getting tired and slowing down from our wounds but he wouldn't stop until the thing he was fighting was dead at his feet. He had thrown me off his back and I landed hard on the ground. I stood back up on shaky feet and just when I was about to have another round with him Tyler's black wolf knocked him with his shoulder into a rock.

Red came and stood next to me in his black wolf and I collapsed when I knew I did what I needed to do. The hairless rogue had gotten a new burst of energy and was having a go at his new opponent. But even with the new energy, his injuries were still too severe to go on for too long.

He had gotten bites in on Tyler's wolf but didn't rip any flesh from him. He was too smart for him to get a good grip. Soon enough the hairless rogue knew his strength was depleting and fled. Some of the red guards chased him but none would attack. If they engaged in a fight they would certainly lose their lives.