Chapter 10

I walked home seeing as I left my car at work on Friday and haven't had a chance to get it back. The walk home was relaxing in a way. I concentrated on the beautiful sounds of nature to clear my head. All the birds seemed to be so happy singing their songs.

I wish I could be as carefree as they are. No responsibilities or worrying about any problems. But unfortunately, life didn't work that way. It was cruel and unforgiving at times and I had gotten the bad end of it.

Unfortunately, I have to learn how to live with it.

I still had energy left when I got home so I decided to clean up a bit. It was a little late to clean up but usually when I felt like doing something it had to be done immediately.

Cleaning my own house was much easier than cleaning the castle and it was helping me relax. I knew where everything's place was, and I was generally a clean person and just needed a quick clean up.
I wish I could say the same for laundry. It seems it was always the biggest task to do when it came to cleaning. I would always quit after taking it from the washing line and leave it for another day. But by then even more clothes had joined the pile.

It was already dark by the time I went to hang the last bit of wet clothes, but I hung it up anyway. It would still get dry. It would just take a little longer.

I saw movement at the edge of the woods as I was finishing the last bit. I kept my eyes on the woods and saw the movement again.

Everything in me told me to run but I calmed myself and I linked Red. "There is someone outside my house at the forest edge." He responded almost immediately. "It's just the patrol. I made sure that there is one outside your house at all times."

"But if you are giving me special treatment they are sure to know something is up." I hung up the last bit and went inside as I was talking to him "My men don't ask questions. They do as they told. If they ask I will tell them it is none of their business. I am after all their Alpha in a way."

He did have a point. Disobeying an order would physically hurt them but my human side still had its doubts. Humans and wolfs had completely different ways of order and I sometimes forget or find it difficult to accept. But I do trust him and that was enough for now.

I was too tired to make a full cooked meal so I opted for some toast. I was heading to bed with the last of my toast when a knock sounded on the door. The only people that would even think of bothering me this late at night were busy. So imagine my confusion when I found Tyler standing on the other side of the door.

He seemed a little upset. I faintly remembered that he had said he would come and find me and realized I had left without telling him. I was about to apologize when he pushed into my house without invitation

I closed the door and followed him. He didn't go far before he turned around. "Why didn't you stay?" I blinked up at him confused. "Why would I stay if I have a perfectly good home?" It seemed to make him angrier.

"Because I cannot protect you if you are here! When I couldn't find you, I started to think something had happened to you or you had run off again." He really seemed pissed that I had disappeared. He had even started to shake from holding of a shift.

"I don't need protecting. I am perfectly capable of doing so myself. I don't even get why you're acting so weird around me." I tried to keep my tone calm, but it wasn't working.

That was a complete lie. I needed some help but that would require me having to tell him my past. "It does not matter. All I know is that you will freeze in the face of danger."

This had made me mad. I might have done so in the past but I am a different person now.  So I started shouting back at the brooding Alpha. "Are you sure? You don't even know me or what I have gone through in my life so don't pretend that you do! I am not going through all that training for nothing!"