Chapter 38

Red finally arrived for the meeting and we started with it. "We all know why we are here. So now we need to come up with a plan on how to win this battle." Tyler looked at everyone to make sure they were all on board. "From what my spies tell me we have the experiments, red rogues with the hairless bastard himself, souls, starvers, demons and black magic witches there."

He moved over to the map and pointed to a valley that open in to a field that was surrounded by forests. "This is where it will all happen. Our witches will help where they can but their main focus will be the black magic witches. Everything is to be killed on sight." They all looked at the map to familiarize themselves with it. "That is all fine with me your grace but from the last report you sent me from the experiments you said they could change us by just breathing on us. How do we kill something we can't touch?"

To my surprise alpha Toro was one of the people that had joined the meeting. He then informed me that his pack produced the best fighter out of all the packs established and they were at the beck and call of the king when the need arise and that was why he was here. They were also good at strategy. It surprised me that he hadn't come up with an idea yet but I have.

"You don't." I faintly remember Sasha telling me about a certain flower that could work in our advantage. "We are not going to let you fight these female monstrosities alone."

"I'm not. To kill something you can't touch without changing you play mind games on. I remember in one of Sashes lesson that there is a flower that you could use to almost do anything and one of their more powerful properties are manipulation." They all looked at me slightly stunned and I felt Tyler hand squeeze me in praise.

"Yeah there is but it's extremely rare. Luckily for us the king has been stashing up on it." Toro had a triumphant smile on his face as if this would be an easy battle to be won. Once Tyler had ordered for some of the golden rose dust to be brought up we continued with the planning. The dust was originally a golden rose that special fairies grows. Once the flower has reached its full bloom its powers were limitless. Only five fairies in the entire universe exist that can make them and they only bloom every century. So rare was an understatement.

Once every single detail was carefully planned everyone went their separate ways to prepare. I went with Sasha to help her prepare the medical team that would be going with us. She couldn't go with seeing as she was six months pregnant.

This was not how I wanted to start my new year but there would be plenty more that would make up for the bad one. I hoped this would be the only battle to fight and it would all be over but it was only wishful thinking. Something as big as this could take years before it ended.

After we packed and instructed the medical team Sasha and I went home to find the men in the kitchen. They had already prepared dinner and were waiting for us to join. The tension in the room was so tense that the slightest movement would be able to snap it. So dinner was spent in silence. Once we had our fill we said our good nights and went to bed.

Once my head hit the pillow Tyler pulled me impossibly close to him. "Promise me that you will be safe." He whispered desperately in my ear. It was kind of hard to promise something when I knew I will not get away unscathed but I shook my head at the empty promise.

He gave me a kiss to the side of my head before we both fell asleep. Tomorrow was going to determine how we shape our future for both humans and magical creatures alike. The dread that settled in me had me having nightmares of all possible outcomes that night.

Tyler had let me sleep in a little late the following day. I woke up to food and a note that said 'Something thoughtful for you on this dreadful day.' I ate the food knowing I would need every piece of energy I could stuff into my body. I could hear the footsteps and the voices directing them throughout the castle.