Chapter 34

Sasha came to talk to me about her day with her family. Even Red was grumpy and her family was staying until a week after New Year's. She had tried to tell them to go home especially with what's going on but they didn't listen.

Her parents were back at her place. She needed to get away for a few hours so she had slipped out to come and complain about them to me.

"They even asked me who we picked as godparents so I had to tell her now she wants to meet you." She exclaimed. She was pulling at her hair in frustration. "So then bring them over."

"Did you not hear a single word I said?" I smirked at her. "I did and I would love to meet them. I can't be afraid of people forever." She moaned in protest and her head fell against the table.

The two brothers walked in a few seconds later. Her head shot up when she heard them come in. "Tell this crazy lady she will be committing suicide if she meets my parents." Red seemed scared while a smirk stretched across Tyler's face. "No, I think she will be fine. We can come over tomorrow."

They both started to shake their heads and say no. "Perfect!" I shouted over them. They stopped and stared at me in horror. "We better go. Its already past lunch and they will come looking for us."

She agreed and they left without saying goodbye. "Are they really as bad as they say they are or are they just over exaggeration?" I stood next to him watching them leave. "To them they are."

The amusement was coming off him in waves. "They are very nice people." He grabbed my hand and went for a walk through the village.

Rumors have spread of our relationship but they didn't believe it much so for those that saw it for the first time stopped and stared. It was a little difficult to ignore but I did my best.

The kids were running around in the freshly fallen snow and enjoying the park that was there for them to enjoy. Some of them were following us in admiration and I have even gotten a few treats from them as a welcoming to the pack.

They were oblivious to what their parents thought of me and I was happy about it. In a world that is changing, we had to change with it. Some found it much harder than others but they will come around, I hoped. I didn't want to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

Tyler seemed to ignore the hateful stares that were sent my way. He was happy with watching me as we walked through the pack. We got to one of the parks and sat down at a picnic table.

His legs were on either side of the bench and I was between his legs. I leaned back into him while he wrapped his arms around me. I looked down at his arms frowning in wonder.

One of his arms were as big as both mine combine and even then you could fit something else to get to the size of it. How could something with so much muscle be so gentle? Just thinking of the muscle that covered his body made me shudder.

He thought I was cold and wrapped his arms tighter around me. Once the people saw we weren't going anywhere they approached us to talk. Some of the older people told him how they felt about me as if I wasn't there and all he did was nod his head and said "noted"

I was very surprised. I would think he would go on a rampage and demand them to respect me. I was glad he didn't but it still confused me. "Why aren't you on a mission to bulldoze the place?"

"I have done it before and it didn't end well. It does upset me to no end but I am sure you will earn their respect in time." I could feel some of his anger slip into me but he quickly blocked it. A group of people approached us before I could comment.

I smiled up at them but they ignored me and looked at Tyler. I frowned for a millisecond before I kept the smile on my face. I knew what they were going to say before they even opened their traps.