CHAPTER 17 - School.

I pulled the doors of the front of my school open, and walked straight to my locker to retrieve books and put my bag in. I put in my combination. 1. 5. Click. 4. 2. Click.  Textbooks in, notebooks out. I looked at my timetable stuck on my locker door, Geography and Art for the first two periods. I wasn’t too fond of geography, but I was of art, I used any excuse I could to draw and paint. I took a notepad everywhere I could just in case I had the chance to draw. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to be pulled into a hug by Jade.  ‘Finally back at school I see’ I remarked at her before laughing ‘Oh shut up you, it’s not my fault I was sick!’ she exclaimed at me as I was pulling books out of my locker, I just shook my head at her and closed my locker door. ‘What do we have first?’ Jade asked me. ‘Geography, then we have art’ I replied to her, half smiling. ‘Oh yay’ Jade muttered. Jade and I were very alike in all aspects, except art. 

We made our way to roll call in room 106, we were early so we decided to make our way into the classroom, I sat down at a desk on the far right closest to the back and Jade sat on the desk next to me, the classroom was pretty much empty except for a few other students sitting on the other side of the room. ‘So…. What’s new with you lately? She asked me, ‘Since when have you been interested in my life?’ I asked jokingly, Jade gasped, ‘Since always! Now spill!’ Do I tell her about Harry, or leave it? If I did, she’d want to meet them, and she’d tell everyone and it wouldn’t be a secret.  Yet again, if I didn’t, she would get so angry when she saw him this afternoon picking me up. What to do, what to do. ‘Well?’ Jade asked, she was egar to hear what I had to say. ‘Oh nothing much, mum’s been working late so I’ve pretty much had the house to myself. Just sat around and watched movies, you know, went on a date with Harry Styles and met One Direction, nothing out of the ordinary.’ I hated myself for saying the last part.  I watched Jade’s jaw drop and her face light up ‘YOU DID WHAT?! Please tell me you’re joking, Madz.’

 I shook my head, ‘WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YOU MET ONE DIRECTION?!’ I put my hand over her mouth, ‘Shhhh!’ I whispered, ‘I don’t want people finding out!’ Jade nodded and I slowly moved my hand away from her mouth. ‘Tell me everything!’ she exclaimed, she was bouncing around like an idiot. ‘Well…’ I said before thinking about how to start, ‘I met Harry on the street when I dropped my phone, before our coffee date on Friday afternoon, then he asked for my number, then we started texting…’ I was interrupted before I could finish, ‘Woah, Woah, Woah, wait a second, you met the Harry Styles just before you met up with me!? You bitch, you didn’t even tell me!’ Jade looked upset, but I knew that she wasn’t actually mad at me, we’d been best friends since we were 5, I knew everything about her.

 ‘Yes,’ I replied, ‘Now let me finish. We started to text and he asked me on a date, we went to the park, and we were together till about 10:30 from 5’ Jade’s mouth opened to speak but I cut her off ‘No we did not kiss on that date, the next day he asked me to have tea, which you know I’m addicted to. We had tea at his place, where I met all the boys, before you ask, yes they we’re all very hot and no I did not mention you, Harry took me on a bike ride in the rain and then to a carnival, he told me he liked me and I said I did too. We kissed on the way home in the pouring rain, yes it was great, and no I’m not going into any more details. I went to his place yesterday and hung out with him and the boys, yes I suppose we are ‘on’ and please, don’t ask me to explain anymore.’ I finished and look a large gasp of air.  Jades mouth just hung open, I didn’t know what else to say, I didn’t know whether she was in shock or whether it was a look of disbelief. 

‘OH MY GOSH YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST BITCH EVER!’ she exclaimed slapping me lightly on the arm, we were getting looks from across the classroom, ‘Shhh Jade!’ I said putting my index finger on my lips. ‘Sorry, sorry. So when are you seeing lover boy next then, hey?’ She whispered to me. ‘He’s picking me up from school, and I’m going to listen to them record this afternoon.’ Jade’s face lit up, I knew she wanted to go, I didn’t want her to in a way, she’d be fan girling all over the place, but because I didn’t want to upset her, I said yes. Jade started squealing like a little girl. ‘On one condition, you do NOT fan girl or say anything embarrassing about me to Harry or any of the other boys, and please, don’t faint.’ She nodded excitedly as my teacher walked into the classroom and told us to all sit down, I was so keen for this afternoon it was unbelievable, but only to see that curly headed boy that I loved with all my heart.