CHAPTER 12 - The Merry go round.

When we had finally finished eating, as well as talking, we set off around the carnival once more.  It was dark and mainly cloudy as it had been sprinkling on and off all afternoon as well as the heavy shower earlier when we were at the start of our ‘adventure’. 

As I was holding hands with Harry whilst walking I saw it, the merry go round, I hadn’t been on one since I was a small child. ‘Harry?’ I said smiling whilst putting on a child-like voice. ‘Yeah love?’ he asked turning to me and smiling, he always seemed to be smiling, it made me happy. ‘Would you be so kind as to come on the merry-go-round with me, or are you scared of them too?’ His smile turned into a frown which I thought was real at the time, he gave me a light shove whilst still holding my hand before quickly pulling me back close to him so that his waist was next to mine. ‘Surprisingly,’ he said pausing, ‘I am not afraid of Merry go rounds, Madeleine.’ He had a habit of calling me Madeleine, I didn’t like being called Madeleine usually, but I loved the way he said it with his sexy accent, so it didn’t matter, he was the only exception. ‘Well good, because I would have made you come on it anyway!’ I yelled before pulling his hand and running into the line, for once I was the one leading him somewhere. When Harry and I got to the front of the line I began to become even more excited, it was my turn to me the child, as Harry had his turn earlier at the laughing clowns. I handed the man at the booth my money and Harry did the same, still holding my hand. I went to hop on a grey and white horse with sparkles all over when Harry pulled me over to him, ‘I don’t want to let go of your hand’ he whispered to me, I could feel his breath, it sent tingles down my spine. ‘Don’t be such a baby, Harry’ I whispered back. With that I hopped on the horse and Harry sat behind on a brown horse, the ride then started to turn, I felt like a young child again, I could see all the lights from all the rides as we spun around slowly, my horse occasionally moving up and down, suddenly I felt two hands on my waist before a chin on my shoulder, it was obviously Harry. ‘I didn’t like it over there’ he whispered right into my ear, I just turned around and smiled, Harry pulled me as close as he could into his chest and I put my hands on his arms as they were around my waist. I felt safe and secure. I wasn’t keen on this ride to end; I wanted to be held in Harry’s arms forever.