Before & First Year

Start from the beginning

I like the drama.

Some people will agree, some won't. Some will read the story even so to see where it's headed, others won't touch it. It's okay, people have preferences and we can't please everyone.

Even so, I hope you enjoy the read and the drama. Haha

#

I Put A Spell On You

#

Before

#

Juvia Lockser looked out of the window and saw the raindrops get thicker and she sighed, knowing she would be blamed for it and she could almost hear the children calling her Ameonna. It was just a coincidence that every time she got sad, it started to rain, but the others didn't think so.

Having heard about a story of an old Japanese neighbor, Juvia started to sew Teru Teru Bozu dolls; the legend said that after sewing one, it was supposed to bring nice weather and all Juvia wanted was to do so; the other children from the orphanage hated when it was raining and couldn't play outside, meaning they got even meaner with her. Funny, though, that every time she finished one, the weather got better.

Juvia had, roughly, fifty Teru Teru Bozu dolls hidden away in a trunk under her bed; but she was taking her time with the one she was currently making, it was close to her birthday and she would give herself a pretty doll to be with her all the time; maybe as a talisman so she didn't have to sew more of them when it rained.

A knock on the door made Juvia look up from her work and saw the Headmistress Sullivan there – she was a good enough woman but couldn't give attention to all children. Her hair was dark red, eyes as green as the grass during the spring and she already had lines on her face.

"Juvia? There's someone here to see you." The Headmistress told her and a tall thin man stepped into Juvia's line of vision and she was sure she never saw that man before in her life. "He's a teacher from a very nice school and he said he was impressed with your grades. He wants to talk to you about going to that school. Is it okay if he comes in?"

Still a bit stunned since no one ever visited her, Juvia nodded and the man stepped inside, offering a smile to the Headmistress. "Thank you, Miss Sullivan." The red-haired woman nodded and left the room, leaving it half-closed. The man looked around for a bit, seeing the two bunk beds and the small wardrobe she shared with three other girls. The man sat on the bed next to where Juvia was, he was so tall the bed looked tiny. "Hello, Juvia. My name is Jose Porla." He smiled, but his eyes didn't seem too happy. His face was long, he had a pointy chin and a thick pointy moustache as well, his eyes were the blackest she had ever seen. His hat was weird too, and so were the rest of his clothes. When she didn't say anything, his smiled faltered a little and decided to ask something else. "What are you sewing?"

Not many people took interest in what she was doing so it took her a moment for her to answer, in a small whisper. "It's a Teru Teru Bozu doll."

He frowned. "I'm sorry, I don't know what it is."

"When it's finished, it stops the rain." She clarified and looked outside the window, where the rain still fell, less heavily but still there. "Juvia has done it before. It helps."

"Are you-" Jose sounded confused and looked that way too when Juvia returned her attention to him. "Are you telling me you are the one who is making rain? And the doll makes it stop?"