Chapter 45

Day 344

"No I don't need that one." I say pointing to the novel Anne Frank: The diary of a young girl.

"So that's it!" Samuel says throwing it in the box saying 'Not needed' and he lays down.

"Finally!" I say laying down too.

He sighs and turns to me. I raise my eyebrow.

"You owe me. It is six already and we started this sorting at eleven." He says stretching out.

"You weren't complaining before!" I say rolling my eyes.

"You mother offered food. Who am I to complain?" He says shrugging.

I roll my eyes.

"I'll get you lemonade." I say getting up.

I walk to the kitchen and take out cold water from the fridge and smile rememberimg how he slipped over and fell on the poor of books.

I shake my head and put water in a jug along with lemon juice, crushed black pepper and sugar and then stir it.

I take out two glasses and pour it, pit in a a tray and go back.

He is sitting between boxes with his brows furrowed. He is reading something.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

He waved a blue notebook.

"Where did you find it?" I ask.

It was the notebook I used to write in, in the beginning of the year.

"It was right here. You had a 'too do list'?" Samuel asks taking the Lemonade am keeping the notebook down.

"Yeah. I forgot about it though." I say frowning.

"Is there anything left on the list?" He asks raising his eyebrow.

"I didn't play a prank on anyone. Neither did I take pictures of memories. I actually forgot about it." I say shrugging. He nods keeping the notebook back.

"I'll burn this book."

He frowned bit doesn't say anything.

"So are you going there tomorrow?" Samuel asks.

"Going where?"

"To the school of course. Aren't they having inquiry project or something?" He asks.

"I am." I say remembering that Katie invited me.

"I'll come with you?" He asks.

"No."

"Why not? He scowls.

"Because I said so." I say pinching his cheeks.

"Do you have a transport?" He asks.

"No." I say.

"Then it's settled. I take you with me." He says and drinks the lemonade.

"No. I'll manage."

"And I suppose a great muggle like you would stop me?" He says quotimg Hagrid from Harry Potter.

I smile.

"Are you sure you don't like Harry Potter?"

"Yes."

"For someone who doesn't, you sure do give lot of references."

He looks me in the we and says,"Always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 345

"Wake up stupid." I say shaking him.

"Such a lazy bum." His sister tsks.

"You don't say. it took me and my sister half an hour to make you open the door of your house." I say.

She grins.

"Sammy.....Wake up brother." She says.

He groans.

"He is weird." My sister says.

She doesn't like him. She always gives us disgusted looks when I hug him, or when he hugs me.

Or whenever we are being affectionate.

She's rude to him too. God knows why!

I huff. It's eleven in morning. How much more does he want to sleep?

I take the water bottle and pour some water in the cap and throw it on his face.

"What the..." He says sitting up and wipping his face.

"Good morning." I say amused.

He just groans in his pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you mean we are not allowed in? Katie is in and she isn't in the school either!" I say.

"Sorry. Principles orders. There are already too many kids and you don't have a pass." The gaurd shrugs.

All of this for nothing? I came here all the way for this?

"Emmy! Oh my god you came." Says Ramona from the other side of the gate.

"Yes. But he isn't letting us in!" I say stomping my feet. Samuel laughs.

"Who is this?" Ramona asks.

"Oh, he is Samuel and Samuel this is Ramona." I say and he gives her a polite handshake from the gaps in the gate.

"Katie!!" I scream.

"Emmy!" She screams back and we give each other a weird hug. The gate coming between us.

"He is cute." Ramona whispers. I smile in return.

"Oh hi Emmy." A voice says.

Emma.

"Hi Emma. How have you been?" I ask politely.

Time away from these people with Samuel has made me realise my worth. I will never cry for someone.

I promised Samuel I wouldn't. Not for a guy. And definitely not because of girls.

"Fine." she says looking at Samuel.

I glare at her. He is with me today. He just politely smiles back putting a hand on my shoulder.

She looks and the hand and walks away. I shrug as Samuel smiles down at me.

"What now?" He asks.

"I'll make it up to you. I promise it will be worth it." I say.

He just smiles.

I look back to where Katie is standing but my eyes meet with familiar black ones.

"Max...." I whisper and turn around to walk away.

Samuel just grabs my hand and whispers "no" drawing small circles on my wrist.

"Not worth it." He whispers in my ear.

He looks at Max and back at me.

Max just walks out and away.

Samuel just gives me a small smile looking me in the eyes.

"Oreo shake?" I ask.

"Oreo shake." He nods.

A/N

Re read chapter seven. You'll realise there was a tool list and she unconsciously was able to complete it.