Chapter 3

DAY 19

Our classes got divided into two sections and it's just my luck that Katie is in other class.

We are friends, but I need friends in my class to survive group activities and all.

It's lunch. I am patiently waiting for Katie. She is going some work. I don't know what.

"She's not even pretty. What does she thinks of herself?"

"I am pretty sure she is a nerd otherwise she wouldn't have been able to answer all the questions."

"I think she takes drugs. That's why she is alwasys happy. I mean, she has to be high on something."

"How jumpy is she? Such a child. She's immature."

"She also gets pimples."

"She's fat"

And this let-us-pretend-she-can't-hear-us-because-we-also-think-she's-deaf is been going on since last 10 min. I am just listening patiently.

They are not even in my section anymore! They are in the other section! They are just being annoying and a pain in ass.

What is wrong with these people? I know what am I and what are my flaws. No need to be so mean about it.

Is it that important to let me down?

I am not that insecure.

That reminds me of the Taylor Swift song, mean.

"She'll never be one of us."

"I don't want to be a bitch like you, get a life." I blurt it out.

Oops?

"See? She is being a bitch to me.I think she's depressed too."

Her minions nod their heads and start gossiping again.

And I realize that whatever I will say will just come back to me. I need a good impression so I just roll my eyes.

I could stab her eyes honestly.

If she wouldn't have eyes, she won't be able to judge me.

And then maybe I'll cut open her brain and write common sense, humanity, own business somewhere. So the she'll have common sense, humanity and will mind her own business perhaps.

Wow, I have a violent imagination. It's almost disturbing.

And then she wanders off. Probably to spread some rumours about me being depressed.

Like I care.

Who is she anyways?

The stereotypical bitch with her minions who likes to walk over people for fun?

Rumour queen?

Is she like.....mean girl?

I love that movie. Mean girls.

Ok that was off topic.

I remember her , she is the girl who started with the Max and Emmy thing.

I hope God gives them brain before I decide I have had enough and run over them with a truck.

If I was in my old school, I probably would have given a reality check and would have been a complete bitch. I have done that. That fake bitch cried but never got in trouble with me ever again.

"You don't have to listen to them. She's always been a bitch."

Oh so someone gets me!

"Hi my name is Ramona and that girl over there, she is Sam."

She sits next to me.

"I remember talking to you in assembly. I find you genuinely nice." She smiled making me smile. I suddenly feel better.

"Emmy" I extend my hand. She shakes it and sits next to me.

Good thing that the depressed girl is absent.

"I heard you like Taylor Swift." She asks genuinely.

The fact that this place has people who haven't been moved by rumours are there and they are genuine is surprising for me. I haven't tried making friends after that Meghan incident.

I kind of know that no one would just open their arms and except me. They all have been friends and have their groups for a lot of time and accepting me would take time.

I nodded a little to eagerly, "I love her."

That's true, I find her inspirational. She gives me strength and writes the most relatable songs. She played the most important part in my life. She helped me be the way I am.

"Me too. Her songs are like the story of my life."

I laugh

"Irony that it's a One Direction song"

She laughs when she realizes what I said.

We talk more. I find out that she can play piano, likes Demi Lovato and hates math and the math teacher. She is such a sweetheart.

And suddenly I feel that it's not going to be that bad.

Katie joins us later, she also gets along with us.

I still feel a little weird, I usually don't open up a lot.

In the old school I used to have only three friends.

And almost everyone was scared of me.

I wasn't actually a 'good girl'. Yeah I used to score good marks, give answers in the class but I also used to bunk, get in fight with guys, make people cry, show them where they belong but at the same time I was cheery, happy and I had fun.

Class ninth was the best year. But I had to leave it. It wasn't much of a choice and then I really needed to start new. I had to leave him.

And suddenly I think this year might not turn as bad as it is.

And maybe someday people would actually like me.

And, just maybe, I get accepted.