Chapter 20

(AN: please don't look at the video if you are under 13. It doesn't have anything important to do with the chapter)
Day 178

"So to form Sodium Hydroxide we electrolyte a concentrated aqueous solution of sodium chloride which is also called brine." Our chemistry sir concludes.

Ringgggg

"Ok class, submit your notebook." He says.

Finally after one hectic torturous day I have English.

I am so glad that this is the last period. I have had enough today. Starting from Megan to Gabriella and lets not forget Max Williams.

I was quite right about people talking about the imaginary relationship between me and Max.

I decided to do nothing about it hoping the rumors would die down on their own.

But when yesterday Katie (literally) kicked me for not telling her about me dating Max, I figured out that this isn't going down soon.

But I refuse to clean a mess which was initially created by Satan's son himself.

I honestly now don't care about what people are saying.

They can think whatever they want. I have given up. What they think of me is none of my business.

"Okay class, time for your English Assignment. You will be marked." Our English teacher Mrs Smith calls out.

She is the coolest teacher in the school. Everyone likes her. With jet black hair that frame her heart shaped face and brown eyes, she is the far most friendly teacher I have met.

So instead of groans I hear excited whispers.

Her Assignments are usually fun. Last time it was writing an essay on Chocolates and that is the far most interesting topic I have got.

It is confusing, challenging and such a delectable topic.

Who said essays can't make you crave chocolates?

"Okay so this is actually an activity. We have chits in this bowl. One by one you will come here and take a chit out, each chit has a funny news headline. All you have to do is make a story and narrate it on the spot. It could be funny, thriller, happy go lucky... anything you like. Don't make it too long. Then the next person will pick another chit and continue the story with their own story somehow adding the news headline event in it."

"So Jake, start first." She says.

Jake walks up there picks a chit out and facepalms.

"Ok so once upon a time , police raided a shop, police found 32 guns and other dangerous weapons. Feeling the need to, later on they investigated more and surprisingly found out that it was actually a weapon shop.

After such a victory they decided to celebrate by eating ice cream. So they went to the ice cream parlor and had chocochip and mint ice cream." Jake says aloud.

The class giggles.

Our teacher clapped and everyone joined in.

"Not a bad start. Ok Emmy, come and continue."

Luck isn't in my side today. I am good with words, have always been, It's not a gift, It is just something I got after reading a lot of books.

But the problem with this is that yes, I can write really well but I can't pronounce things correctly for my life.

The thing is that when we read we read it in brain and mostly do not bother to check exactly how to pronounce it. So even if my grammar part goes flawlessly (which is not possible) I would say something or the other wrong which would be humiliating.