Chapter 19

DAY 173

Inquiry project was a success. When our principle asked us what we learned from it, I surprisingly had a long list of things. I was thinking that it would be a waste of time for someone who is in class 10 to have inquiry project but it actually taught me a lot of things.

One of them being that I can't really intimate Max.

We got great grades for this and I couldn't have been more happier.

Shelley Maam has yet again changed our seating arrangement getting inspired from other class teacher.

I sit in the corner now. Honestly this place is the best. Period.

With me sits Eddy and Sheena is on the other side along with some of her friends and quite unfortunately, Max too.

Our seats this time are just parallel to the walls.

The first period today is Math. Oh the joy.

Note the sarcasm.

I do not like math. Who am I kidding I abhorre it. I detest it.

I loath it but then I don't have an option. I do get good grades, sometimes, in math but I don't like it. Like I have mentioned before.

No matter how many times I say it, it really would never be enough.

Luckily for us she is not going to teach us today. She is just going to ask us questions about inquiry project.

"Alexander, name your group members." She ays as soon as we sit down after greeting her.

"Eddy, Ramona, Adam, Ray and Me." He says.

I gape at him from afar and then clear my throat in order to get his attention.

I mean HELLO I did a lot of work you dimwitted peace of crap.

I am offended! Not like anyone cares.

He notices me "....And Emmy... I am so sorry Emmy I didn't mean to but I totally forgot you." He says.

The class turn at me and gives me a disapproving looks.

"You didn't do any work?" Asks Sheena.

"I did. I just think he has a short time memory lose case."

She nods.

"I understand, don't worry he does that sometimes."

And like all the times I let it go.

One thing I have learned is that there is no use of telling someone what is right or what is not over here because one: nobody cares and two: they are insensitive towards people who they think don't belong with them.

I notice Shelley Ma'am is asking questions and most of them are answered by Alexander (Adam was supposed to but he is not present today) but his answers make no sense and that isn't what I researched.

If only he gave me the chance I would have helped him. If only he didn't just insult me I would have helped him.

I know I can loose marks if he doesn't answer her properly so I mutter one answer correct from my seat.

Ma'am smiles and notes it down and the class gives me surprised looks.

Well I did the work so I obviously know.

On the other hand Alexander stutters and answers.

I relax in my seat open my writing pad and start writing.

They don't deserve my attention anyways.

~~~

"So how have you been?" Eddy asks.

"Never been better." I mutter.

"What do you have for lunch?" He asks me.

"Cheese sandwich and I don't like cheese so basically, nothing."

He chuckles.

"Hey Max!" I hear a high pitched screechy voice belonging to none other than Gabriella.

And here I thought I could eat my lunch peacefully despite Max being here in class.

Even though I am not eating, I am writing.

Let me reframe that, and here I thought I can write in peace.

Much better.

"Soo, how have you been." She asks in her high pitched voice. She sounds worst then nails scratching against the board.

My ears could bleed.

"Never been better." He answers.

"Hey that's what she said like a minute ago!" Eddy exclaims pointing at me.

Great.

"Obviously, I have heard a lot about you two." Gabriella says pointing at me and Max.

Till now I was ignoring her existence and doodling because obviously every one has to distract me as soon as I have an idea to write.

But now.... say what?

I put my pen down and look up to see her looking at Max.

Well, he isn't reacting. So I guess it's alright.

I can finally write again!

"Sure you have, she is my girlfriend. Why wouldn't you?"

And I drop the idea of picking up the pen and writing today.

Before I could deny, Gabriella says "she is?"

Well I am glad to know I am not the only one surprised.

"Yes. You don't know how much have I worked for her. It took to much effort but she's worth it." He says.

Is he insane? She is the rumor queen. Why is he saying things that aren't true?

"You worked for me?" I ask.

"Well obviously I did sweetheart."

"Don't sweetheart me, I am not your girlfriend."

"Are you still mad? I told you she doesn't mean anything to me, you are the only one for me."

"What the f*ck? I am not your girlfriend."

"Yeah that's not possible. Only if pigs could fly." Eddy pipes in.

"She isn't?" Gabriella asks.

"No actually we did break up yesterday but I can't and wouldn't let her go. So we just got back together because we love each other."

"Right, sure....." And before I could start my sarcastic rant Gabriella ran out. Probably to spread rumors about me and Max.

And all I do is sit this unsure of.... everything.

First of all he shouldn't lie.

Second, he shouldn't say words like love.

Third , he shouldn't make promises he can't keep.

He quite knowingly has invited trouble. He doesn't even probably know my full name and he just called my his girlfriend.

What am I supposed to think? How am I supposed to react?

What is he to me?

While I am thinking about this all I see that Eddy is walking out. Probably to escape this awkward situation.

Not wanting to be alone with Max I grab my notebook and pen and walk out too.

I need time to clear my mind and think about what he said and where we stand and what we are and most of all, what am I going to do now?

~~~

A/N

I updated. Ha!

Question: why do you think Max did that?

How do you think Emmy should react?

I'll update soon ;)