Chapter 33 (unedited)

Start from the beginning

No matter what happens next, just know that it was amazing being your friend. You speak about how I taught you many things but I have never told you what I got from this whole experience- a friend. After Aaron's death, I spoke to no one but the voices in my head. I never got to have the company of other living people and you gave me this. So thank you!

I want you to know that you should not cry over me. I'm in a much better place and everything has worked out for the better. I hope that you and Thaddeus manage to move on past this and be happy now that the curse is gone. I hope you guys have many kids and lots of bright joy in the future. You guys deserve it.

Oh and by the way, you dropped the necklace when we were walking around after I told you that Thaddeus was there. The clasp broke and you were so freaked out by the thought of seeing your Mate, that you did not notice it fall. Well here it is.

I glance down at the envelope and reach inside grabbing the necklace. I took a closer look at it and noticed that the clasp really did break. Grinning, I finish the letter.

Annabel, you are an amazing person! I know that you doubt your worth sometimes but you shouldn't. Your Mate is one lucky guy- don't get creeped out or anything, I'm not trying to hit on you. Trust me, I've had dick and I refuse to choose the direction that does not have dick in it.

I laugh at the comment and feel my heart clench in pain. Dimly, I hear the sound of footsteps far away.

Don't miss me too much. I'm somewhere getting dick by Aaron. Hopefully you'll be getting the same from your Mate. Love you Annabel!"

Sincerely,
Eunice Graham

The door flies open and I look up with tearstained eyes at a few shocked eyes.

"What the-" Jay cuts himself off as he steps into the room followed by everyone else. He stares at me wide eyed as if he's seen a ghost. Now that I think about it, they probably think I am a ghost.

"Annabel?" Natalia steps forward and moves closer to me until she stands directly in front of me. She cautiously touches my arm and when she realizes I'm real she jumps back in shock.

"Annabel," I turn to Kelsey who was clutching onto her Mate a few moments ago. She covers her mouth with both hands before stepping forward and engulfing me in a warm embrace. "You were dead! You had no heartbeat for thirteen minutes!"

Kelsey smuggles me into her chest and I find myself being comforted by her. When she pulls away, it's Natalia's turn to hug me. Even though I had not known her for a while, she squeezed me tightly as if she's known me forever. When she pulls away, I turn to Jay who is not sure what to do, along with Scott. He continues to stare at me confused. It's not long before Richard, the pack doctor comes in staring at me in shock.

It takes Scott saying his name nearly five times to snap out of it. He comes over to me and starts checking my vitals. "Everything-" Richard shakes his head in amazement. "Everything looks fine. Her injuries are healing at a rapid speed. But- you were dead for thirteen minutes."

All eyes snap back to me and I shrug not wanting them to know about what happened. Hell, even I'm confused on what happened. I turn away from them and glance at the envelope beside my bed. "Where is Thaddeus?"

The room goes deathly silent. I could feel the tense atmosphere at my words as I glance at everyone. It was Jay who finally spoke up after a few minutes.

"He ran out." He looks anywhere but me. "After we got to you guys, he left. He Shifted and left the pack. That was half an hour ago."

"Do you know where he went?" I ask. Jay looks very uncomfortable. It's Scott who answers me.