Chapter 33: Sick

I woke up around 6:30 bright and early eager to make sure I didn't dream of last night. I took another shower and put on a pair of black tights along with some jean shorts and a purple long sleeve. I looked in my jewelry box and saw the necklace with Noah's name on it. I  moved it under some other things and put on the one with gold feather along with a rose gold ring with a crown. Eliza liked these a lot. It was around 7:30 when Raula walked downstairs to see breakfast was already made. Instead of pancakes, I made eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and a freash pot of coffee. "Oh Eliza honey this looks so good." Raula told me sitting down. Then Sabrina walked downstairs wearing a matching set of purple scrubs. "What is it Halloween?" I asked her. Sabrina rolled her eyes and adjusted her ponytail. "Ha ha ha very funny. I have work also today at the hospital so I won't be home when you come home from school." Sabrina said tossing me a set of keys on a black lancet. Raula frowned at her food when she heard Sabrina say that. I heard an engine rev down the block then slow down. My moms looked at me for a moment before the engine started up again and drove down the block. "Looks like Warren isn't testing your patience." Raula told me biting into her eggs. Sabrina looked down at breakfast then at her watch. "I'll take some to go but Eliza do you want a ride?" Sabrina asked me. I heard a knock at the door and Sabrina looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and Sabrina opened the door. "Oh, uh, hi. I was looking for Eliza I told her I'd walk her to school." I heard Rayden say. Sabrina looked back at me and I nodded my head. She moved out of Rayden's way and let him in. He was wearing the same thing from yesterday and his hair was ruffled together. I sighed when I saw him trying not to laugh too hard. Rayden looked at himself up and down before at me. "What?" He asked confused. "You have to do your hair hon." Raula told him moving a lock out of the way. Rayden frowned running a hand through his hair. "Better?" He asked making things only much worse. I made an extra lunch and hand Rayden a paper bowl of eggs and bacon. "Ok, mom's I'll see you later!" I yelled out the door. "Wait, moms? As in they're both your mom?" he asked. I nodded my head and stopped him before we got too far off the porch. "Here," I said fixing his hair. I licked my palm and ran it sideways to smooth out his hair. It worked and Rayden smiled at me. Angels we're built to be perfect but it still bothered me how un-flawed Rayden is. We walked down the street as Rayden stuffed his mouth full of food. "So what you're telling me, is that there are older humans that teach different subjects, at different times of the day, all day, for 8 hours?" He asked me. I nodded as we were only a block away from the school. They just decided to block off that girls bathroom instead of canceling school till they got it fixed. "Human life sounds like a living nightmare." Rayden complained dumping the bowl and plastic fork into a nearby trash can. "Hey, Eliza." I heard Warren say. I looked up and he stepped away from his bike after casually leaning on it. I felt Rayden stiffen next to me and he stepped a little closer to me ready to attack him if he needed. "Can we talk?" he asked me shoving his hands in his pockets. Warren was wearing the same pants (unless he had multiple pairs) and boots as yesterday. Except he had a dark gray shirt on today. I looked at Rayden then back at Warren. "Rayden meet me inside." I told him. Rayden glared at Warren before doing close to what I asked and waited by the door. "I want you. I want to be with you." He told me. I looked up at Warren his head blocking the sun. "Warren I can't." I told him. "Why not?" He asked me sounding genuinely confused. "Because you don't want me. You want what you think is an angel." I told him. Warren huffed and stepped closer to me. "I want you. Without a doubt. You, Eliza Clark." He told me. My heart was beating out of my chest and all I wanted to do was toss my body against his and just kiss him until he begs for air. "No, your lying." I managed to get out. I didn't know what was wrong with me but I knew that I needed to take Raydens advice and stay away from him. Warren touched my arm and a whole electric vibe went through me. "Warren," I tried to say something else but Warren got close to my face and I thought I was going to pass out. Rayden pulled me away and we walked in the opposite direction of the school. "What are you doing?!" I yelled at him as he pulled me along. "He was going to kill you." He told me. We stopped as soon as we got around the corner. "No, he wasn't. Humans have this thing called physical interaction." I told him. Rayden let go of me and I suddenly felt weak. I would have fallen down if Rayden didn't catch me fast enough. "He weakened you." Rayden told me. My vision blurred and Rayden put one of my arms over his shoulder. Then he lifted me up bridal style and carried me off. "Where are we going?" I asked him. Rayden didn't say anything. Or maybe he did. But soon after I said those words my eyes started closing and I slept.