Chapter 21: Friends

Warren nodded his head and walked away. He was about as tall as Noah but he was more buff. Alex and Katie came up behind me as Noah walked Tracy back towards class. "Looks like you made a friend." Alex said leaning on me. I rolled my eyes and gave a small laugh. "He's new." I said. Katie mumbled something under her breath before Noah walked past us with Tracy by her side. Tracy looked at me out of the corner of her eye giving me an evil smile. "Yo man where are you going?" Alex asked Noah. Noah turned around to him and waved before continuing walking. The bell rang but nobody heard it. "I'm sure that was nothing." Katie tried to reassure me. I shrugged her off my shoulder and walked to class, sadly going in the same direction of the two. Tracy had seemed to get the junk out of her hair but it still reeked of shaving cream. Warren walked up next to me eyeing the two. "Isn't that your boyfriend?" He asked me pointing at Noah. I nodded my head biting back anything negative. "Shouldn't he be walking you to class?" He asked rhetorically. "Wow, you must be a genius at this." I told him sarcastically. Then Warren chuckled. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. I stared at him out of the corner of my eye as we entered the next class. Things went like this for a while. My teachers were surprised to see me alive and I worked with Warren. That is until the beginning fourth period when Tracy insisted on working with him. She took my spot next to him so I saw next to Alex. I let her because personally even though it ate me up inside, I wasn't going to let it show. But Warren had other plans. "If I wanted to work with an idiotic slut as my partner I'll call you. But for now, I'd like to work with a normal human." He said looking over at me. Tracy's jaw dropped along with mine but Alex closed it. Warren walked over to Alex and nodded towards Tracy who was still frozen leaning on our desk. "Switch." He told Alex. Alex didn't hesitate but instead moved quickly over to Tracy's seat. "That was..." I tried to say something but all I could do was giggle. "What the hell's so funny?" He asked me biting his lip slightly which made me feel nervous. "That was amazing." I told him smiling brightly. Warren rolled his eyes with a scoffed pulling out a pen. "Here." He said holding out his hand. I didn't know what he wanted until he grabbed my wrist and turned it over to the inside. He wrote down some numbers and a skull and crossbones at the end. "There. Because I need the answers for homework later." He told me. I rolled my eyes and went to continued with my work. I felt Alex, Noah, and Tracy staring at me. But I didn't care. I liked Warren and he had jokes. Later when lunch rolled around I sat with Alex and Katie. "Wheres quarterback?" Alex asked about to bite into his sandwich. Katie shrugged her shoulders pouring ranch dressing into her spring salad. "I have no clue." She said taking a mouth full of lettuce. Then Warren sat down next to me out of the blue. "He's talking to Tracy about their experiment for Alexanders class." He said vaguely. Alex looked at Warren weird before setting down his sandwich. "You like Metallica?" He asked quietly. Warren looked up from his lunch and nodded his head slowly. "I have their shirt don't I?" He said. Alex eyed him some more before asking a follow-up question. "What's your favorite song?" He asked. Warren squinted his eyes before answering. "I've only heard 'Probably Fade To Black.'" He answered. Alex flinched the looked at me. "He can stay." He mumbled quietly before biting into his sandwich. Then Noah spotted me and frowned at Warren sitting next to me. "Why's he here?" Noah asked Alex. Alex elbowed Noah as he sat across from Warren. "Chill dude he's pretty cool." Alex defended Warren. Warren glared at Noah but ignored his statement. Noah sat down next to Alex then realized that there was an opened space next to me. Warren noticed before I did and handed me a piece of paper. 'What a lousy boyfriend doesn't sit next to his girl.' It read. I smirked and grabbed a pen from my bag. 'He's not lousy, just different.' I respond sliding the paper back over. Warren looked down at it and smirked drinking some water from a bottle from my bag. He scribbled some words down before sliding the piece of paper back to me. I watched as Noah got back up to move next to me. 'Uh oh, looks like Quarterback of the football team got his feelings hurt.' It read. I frowned a little and responded. 'Looks like someone is jealous.' I replied sliding the piece of paper back to him. Noah practically growled as he sat next to me and noticed that I didn't have my attention on him. Warren looked at the note and frowned crumbling the paper back in his pocket. "What did he say?" Noah whispered to me. "Not important." I told him turning back to my lunch. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a sliced apple, a cookie, and a bottle of water. I pulled out my sandwich and started to eat it. "So Warren why did you move here?" Katie asked trying to start the conversation. "Iran isn't a nice place this time of year." He joked staring at the school lunch. Everyone always said that the school lunch was terrible, but to be honest it didn't look that bad. "I take it you've only talked to us today?" Katie asked another question. Warren looked up at her looking angry and Katie looked like she wanted to die. "The only ones I've talked nicely with." He answered her question. "Why are you so bright?" He suddenly asked her. Katie was surprised and couldn't find the right words. "Wha-What?" She asked him. Warren stabbed his fork into something and it didn't move. "You're color scheme, it's so bright." he said looking at her dress. Katie blushed a little letting her hair cover her face. "That's just the way Katie dresses. Just like how you dress like a murder." I heard Noah mumble. I turned to him sharply and elbowed him. "That wasn't very nice." I hissed at him. Noah looked at me a bit shocked before Warren looked towards Noah in a not so friendly way. I looked back at him and his face softened a little. "You said that hella loud." Alex informed Noah. Noah didn't apologize and I swore I saw Warren clenched his utensil. "Sorry." Noah grumbled playing with his food. Warren turned back towards his lunch then glared at Alex. "How do you stand to eat this stuff?" He asked poking at random things. Alex laughed and I felt kid of sorry for Warren. I broke my sandwich and cookie in half and dropped it on his plate. He looked at it before looking at me confused. "I can't just let you starve we have a test tomorrow." I joked. Warren smiled before picking up the sandwich. "Thanks." He said before biting it. I had no clue why but that made me feel like I did something good. I hadn't even noticed Noah get up and leave the cafeteria.