Chapter 26: Secret

I heard many things but the there were a few things I heard that caught my attention. 1) My mom screaming because she wanted to see me. 2) Someone giving me CPR. 3) Tracy blaming me for this. And then 4) The sound of a motorcycle engine revving. A couple of hours after the last one I opened my eyes slowly trying to see. "Take it easy angel." A rugged voice told me. I opened my eyes fully to see Warren sitting in the chair next to me. I felt him squeeze my hand and smile at me and the door opened. "Oh good, you're awake. I thought you were in a coma." an old bald white guy said. Warren frowned deeply at him and the doctor cleared his throat. "Well, anyways Eliza, you were in an accident and you pretty much drowned. If it hadn't been here for this young man here," He said pointing his pen towards Warren. "you might not have made it." He said clicking his tongue. I blinked my eyes slowly feeling all....loopy. "They gave you medicines to calm you down so when you woke up you wouldn't panic." Warren explained reading my mind. I blinked again not really able to move anything. Then a police officer opened the door and asked to talk to the doctor for a few seconds. "We need to question her." the officer told the doctor. The doctor shook his head and glanced back at me. "This girl has just wen't through a highly traumatic experience and she just woke up. Give her a while." The doctor pleaded. The officer shook his head and bit his lip. "Not when she might have almost killed three other girls." the officer said. My eyes widened at what I heard and Warren saw my panic. "Hey calm down. If you happen to be guilty, I'll just lend you my bike for a getaway vehicle." Warren whispered in my ear. I cringed and felt my heart melt at Warrens voice calming me down. "I want to see my daughter!" I heard Raula cry. "Raula it's okay she's okay." Sabrina hushed her. I heard Raula crying that she wanted to see her baby and their voices got quieter. "Son I'm going to need you to leave." the officer told Warren resting a hand on his shoulder. Warren shrugged it off and squeezed me hand. "I'll be back." Warren whispered kissing the top of my head. I watched as he left and feeling returned to my body. "Ms. Clark can you explain what happened in the bathroom today?" he asked me. "I...dont...know." I slurred. The police officer wrote that down on a piece of paper and continued asking me questions. "We're you in the bathroom when it happened?" He asked me. I nodded my head and the officer gave me a hard stare. "We're you in the stall or by the sink?" He asked me. It took me a moment before I could remember. "Stall." I told him. The officer wrote that down, stopped for a second, then looked at me. "Did you hurt those girls?" he asked me. I shook my head no and the officer wrote something down on his paper. Then another officer walked in and nodded towards the door. "It was just a busted pipe that broke. Someone in their district thought it was a good idea to flush a firecracker down the toilet." she told her partner. The first police officer looked at me then back at his partner. "Ok then. Sorry to waste your time miss." he said. The two of them walked out then my moms came in. They both gave me a hug and refused to let me go. "Oh, sweetheart we heard what happened." Sabrina said finally letting me go. Then Raula as she sniffled. "We heard that you save two of those girls." She said. Then Sabrina wiped a tear from her cheek and sniffled also. "We're proud of you." she said before breaking down into tears. "Oh, Sabrina stop." Raula said walking around the bed to comfort her. Then Alex and Katie walked in giving me hugs both. "Jesus Eliza you have a new record for almost dying twice in a week." Alex joked. Katie elbowed him hard in the stomach and Alex had to sit down in a chair for a moment. School was canceled for the rest of the day and I didn't have any sign of Noah. However, Warren came back with flowers a bit later. "Oh, Warren, she just got discharged we'll be leaving in a few. You're welcomed to come see her at home also." Raula told him. Warren nodded his head with a smile and handed my mom the flowers. "Can you put these in your car please? It's hard to drive a motorcycle and hold flowers." He told her laughing a little. Raula nodded and left the room. Warren pulled the chair closer to me. (TRIGGER WARNING: FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT GET TRIGGERED ABOUT ABUSIVE PEOPLE THEN DONT READ THE NEXT PART.)"I know about what just happened with Noah and with all of this and that what I'm about to say is poor timing, but I just..." Warren trailed off and he gripped my hand. "I remember where I saw you from." He told me looking down. "On September 13, 2014, a girl name Rin was being beaten to death on the side of the road. A boy on the other side trying to help her but not being able to because he was being beaten for trying to help." Warren started. I suddenly knew where this was going and I didn't think Warren would be able to finish talking. "Then all of a sudden, a bright white light came down and burnt the man to death. The two kids lived. I remember you from that day." Warren whispered the last part. I looked at him feeling hot tears threatening to run. Warren looked at me with those deep brown eyes and said the words I always feared. "Eliza Clark, your an angel."

PS. Thanks for not telling me I've been spelling angel wrong guys