Chapter 25: Flood

I took a shower and went downstairs for dinner in my pj's. I felt extremely tired and could barely keep my eyes open during dinner. "So that new boy Warren seems nice." Raula started a conversation. "Mhm, and the poor kids from Iran. That must have been hard." Sabrina agreed. The two eyed me as I played with my soup. "Is something wrong Eliza?" Raula asked me setting down her spoon. I blinked my eyes a few times and looked up. "Can I skip dinner. I'm tired." I asked them even thinking I sounded sleepy. The two looked at each other before Sabrina got up. She put a hand to my forehead and waited a few seconds. "She's not warm. What time did you go to sleep last night?" Sabrina asked me. "Around...maybe nine," I said shutting my eyes for a few seconds in between words. I hopped off the stool and laid on the couch. "Eliza if you're going to skip dinner then you have to at least go to bed in your own bed." Raula laughed/tried to tell me. I passed out and didn't wake up until about 7 am. I sighed and got up with my body feeling stiff. I was still in my pj's and I wasn't fully awake. But I still got up and took a shower. I walked into my room and looked at my closet. I decided to go with a pair of regular jeans and a black shredded Panic At The Disco band shirt along with a pair of flats today. Had to shake things up sometime. I heard a soft knock at my door and then a whisper of a swear word. "I'm up." I responded to I can really only assume was Raula. She shuffled downstairs tripping over a few stairs but still fine. I rolled my eyes and smiled. It was only 7:30 so I had spare time. I walked downstairs to see Raula making a pot of coffee. "Mom it's okay I'll make my own lunch." I told her steering her towards the couch. "But I have to be at the courthouse in....3 hours." She said sleepily counting. I turned on the TV and let her sit down and watch. Raula looked a lot like me but darker and her hair was kinkier. (Not like sexy dummies. But basically black girl curly). I smiled softly at my mother and went to the kitchen. I made pancakes for the two and then I made a sandwich along with a salad and two fruits. "That's a lot of food." Raula told me looking at my reflection in the TV when the news cut to commercial still sounding tired. "Part of it's for breakfast." I told her handing her a plate of pancakes. "My favorite sweetheart." She said sheepishly. I smiled and heard an engine revving from about four blocks down. I kissed Raula on the cheek and gave her a hug. "See you later mom." I told her. Walking out the door to see Warren leaning against his bike casually was kind of weird. All most as if he was already out here. "Good morning angel." He said. I looked at him up and down because he looked like he was wearing the same thing as yesterday. Except it was a Nirvana shirt. "Did you even change at all?" I asked him. He pointed at me and smirked. "Ever take off that necklace?" He asked me. I hadn't even realized it but this entire time I was wearing a necklace that had Noah's name on it. "I do now." I said pulling the chain over my head. "Oh, I like it when you're feisty." He told me I rolled my eyes and laughed as Warren tossed me a helmet. "Just don't get me killed De Ville." I told him. Warren put his helmet on and we head to the school. The air surrounding me and pulling me backward reminded me deeply of flying. Except I was touching the bike. And Warren. My cheeks burned and I shook my head. 'Stop it Eliza.' I told myself. Warren parked and I took my helmet off. "Was yesterday the first time you've ridden on a motorcycle?" Warren asked me. I nodded my head and held onto my own hand. "Yup, my mom's always thought they were too dangerous before. It was really because when my dad and mom were together he took her riding and he crashed into a tree." I said laughing at the memory. "Do you know who your dad is and stuff?" He whispered not looking at me. I smiled and punched his arm. "Yeah, I still talk to him. I saw him a couple days ago actually." I told him. "Oh, sorry." Warren replied. I looked up at him and saw that he looked like he was actually sorry. "It's fine. It was just a question." I said brushing it off. Then I saw Tracy reached up on her toes and kiss Noah. I felt my heart shatter into a million tiny little pieces. "Eliza? What's wrong?" Warren asked me. I turned in the opposite direction of the two as the bell rang. "Eliza you're going the wrong way." Alex told me as I bumped into him. "Hey what's wrong?" he asked me catching me on the verge of tears. "I'll talk to you later." I told him walking past him. I ran into the girls' bathroom and hid in the stall. 'I know he wanted a break but I didn't think it was because he and Tracy...' I started feeling sick as I let small sobs escape me. I leaned against the stall door as some girls walked in. "I can not believe he actually kissed you!" Brittney said loudly. I covered my mouth to keep from screaming at my emotional pain. Even though I wasn't in the relationship with Noah for long and it wasn't my life, Elizas pain still flowed through me and it was horrible. "I know right? And Noahs a good kisser. Oh well, a poor man's loss is a wealthy bitche's gain." Tracy joked. All three of them laughed and I let my emotions run ragged. The three of them screamed as the toilets, sinks, and random spots in the walls started leaking heavily. "WHAT THE HELL?!" Tracy screamed trying to open the door. The door had locked and I had realized what I had done. "oh no." I whispered. I opened the door and stepped in the dirty water. "The doors locked." Alice cried water rising to her calves. I shuddered and tried to focus on helping them. "You crazy bitch, you're doing this aren't you?!" Brittney asked me. All of them turned to me and I pretended to look confused. "I didn't-this wasn't me. A pipe must have broken." I lied. "Then why are you so calm?" Tracy yelled as water reached their waist. A loud pounding came at the door as people murmured outside of it. "Girls? Is there a problem?" The principal asked. "OF COURSE THERES A FUCKING PROBLEM WE'RE GONNA DROWN!" Alice screamed as water reached her neck. We were all floating as the people on the outside tried to bust open the door. "Just stay calm girls we'll get you out." a man yelled. I hoped he was a firefighter or someone. Then Alice's head disappeared and I couldn't see her. We were lifted off of the floor and I went under to find her. Alice was drowning. Then it hit me she couldn't swim. I reached down to grab her and I lifted her to the top. "Oh my god Alice." Tracy said looking at her friend. Then I saw that Brittney had gone under. "We've almost gotten the door down." The principal shouted. I couldn't see Britney. "Oh my god I'm gonna die and I never gotten all the way with Grissly." She suddenly said. I went back under leaving Alice up by my foot. I saw through the water that they were close to cutting down the door. I grabbed Brittney by her hair and lifted her up. Then I saw my foot got stuck on an edge of the sink that was broken. I panicked a little and scratched my leg which made me scream and let out some air. I could hear Tracy scream as blood rose to the surface as my vision began to blur. My vision blackened but I could hear the door being pounded down by someone and the water slowly draining from my ears. I pray I didn't die.