Chapter 32: Clipped

I looked at him and then back at myself in the mirror. I walked out the window and onto the roof of the house where Rayden soon joined me. "What? Are you scared of heights?" He asked/joked. I punched his shoulder and he pushed me off the roof. I opened my wings fast enough and picked up on some lose wind, gliding along the floor. I reared upward and fly around in a large circle. After a few more seconds I landed back on the roof. "Your turn." I told him. Rayden stared at my wings before looking back at me. "I can't." He told me. I tilted my head confused before Rayden took his shirt of casually. He turned around and I gasped at the two lines that connected in a 'V' shape. "They told me to stay away from you when I tried to grab you in the court room." He said turning back towards me. "Then when I healed you and those other humans they took them." He told me trying to smile. I felt guilty for Rayden. If it weren't for me... Rayden scoffed and crossed his arms still not having put his shirt on. "I know that look Amora it's not your fault." He told me. I looked away then back at him. "It is. Oh my gosh I knew I shouldn't have let you into that court room." I said feeling even more guilty. Rayden tilted my head up so I'd have to stare into his eyes. Rayden was one of the only people that was my height and it made me feel good about myself. "Don't be an idiot. I would have gotten into that room anyway. But, now I'm human. Just like you." He told me. We still locked eyes until I saw his flickers gold. I looked at the sky then back down at myself. "I need to take a shower." I told him getting back inside. Rayden stood for a moment before coming inside. "Hurry, I want to ask you about other human things." He said. I had my Pjs in hand and I turned slowly towards him. "You're staying the night?" I asked him. Rayden nodded his head and leaned against the window sill. "You can internet #sleepover later alright? Just go change. You reek of fire water." Rayden told me pinching his nose. I laughed and walked out the door. "We're you talking to someone?" Raula asked me. I shook my head but stopped her for a moment before she walked away. "Hey, mom, if I had a friend, that I wanted to live with us, would you let me?" I asked her. Raula furrowed her eyebrows before eyeing my door. "Eliza if I open this damn door and Warren De Vil is behind it then I'll ground you till the next millennia." She told me. I shook my head and let her go. "I promise you he's not in there." I told her. Raula looked at me before walking away down the hall. "Smooth." I heard Rayden whisper from behind my door. I rolled my eyes and took a shower putting on a nightgown instead of actual pants and bottoms. I walked back to my room and closed the door to find Rayden going through my stuff. "What in the world is geo...metry?" He said looking at my textbook. I laughed and grabbed the book from Rayden. "It's basically shapes and stuff." I told him vaguely. Rayden plopped down on my bed and we faced each other as we laid down. "What about food? What's your favorite human food?" He asked me curiously. "I like pasta and cheesecake. But then again I've only been here about a week. And last time I was on Earth was the first time and I had canned foods." I told him remembering my time in Iran. Then I frowned remembering Warren. I let out a heavy breath and rolled onto my back. "Why did you tell me to stay away from Warren?" I asked him. Rayden turned on his back and looked at the posters. "There's a bad aura coming from him." Rayden said simply. "Do you know what he did?" I asked Rayden in a small whisper. Rayden was quite for a while before answering. "I don't. But I know something. He fell in love with the wrong person. Someone he could never have." Rayden said still looking at the posters. "I miss sitting on the clouds and making it rain." Rayden told me. I smirked and looked at him. "Me too. You should go, I have school tomorrow." I told him. Rayden frowned but got off the bed anyways. "The heavenly court enrolled me and gave me a house and stuff. But I need your help after school with...human stuff." Rayden told me. I nodded my head and waved goodbye as Rayden went out the window. I shut it closed behind him and went to sleep uneasy that night.