Chapter 2: Robert and Red

The hospital wanted me to stay there for a while. It made sense because none of them have ever seen a girl die, and then come back to life seconds later. Or as it really was: A miracle. They disconnected me from the ivy and ran at least a dozen test. But by the time it was over and I was allowed to see my 'parents', it was about 8am. A tall woman with dark skin and curly long black hair was waiting next to another woman with pale skin and natural red hair. They stared happily at me as I was rolled back into the room. Eliza was fragile when she was sick, so they didn't want me doing to much. It was understandable though so I didn't fight back. The two woman walked into the room as I racked her memories trying to remember who they were. They stood at the side of the bed doing nothing but staring at me. "Hi baby." said the woman with the black hair. She was the same woman that was sitting in the chair when Eliza... I mean I, died. I gulped my throat and waved awkwardly as they pulled up a chair and sat side by side. She chuckled and I looked at their name tags. Sabrina was the one with the red hair. While Raula was the one with the curly black hair. They smiled kindly at me and continued to watch. As if I was a animal in the zoo. Then Raula's phone rang and she just looked at the screen. Sabrina looked over her shoulder and frowned at the name. Raula answered the phone with disgust on her face. "Robert where are you?" She asked the person on the other end. After a few seconds of him talking she looked frustrated held up her hand as if she was talking to him in real life. "Yeah well she's already awake and she's gonna go back to sleep soon so you better get over here." She spoke. But Robert wasn't ready to give up this conversation yet. He kept talking until Raula decided to get up and walk into the hall. Sabrina put her head in her hand and sighed. Afterwards she looked back at me with kind eyes. "How are you feeling sweetie?" She asked. I looked at my hands and struggled to form words. I took a deep breath trying to find the proper explanation. "I'm doing...well." I said. Sabrina looked at me with a flash of confusion on her face but in the end she was satisfied. "That's good I guess." Then the mood changed to serious and she looked at me dead in the eyes. "You really had me and your mother worried. I don't know what we would have done if..." She trailed off, a single tear on her check finishing the sentence for her. She moved her chair closer and griped my hand. Sabrina took a shaky breath and gulped. "You know we love you right?" She asked in a small whisper. I nodded my head and she looked down again, trying so hard not to show me her tears. I squeezed her hand and let her know that everything was gonna be fine. Then she let go but stayed by my side. "Ya know, it's almost as if there was an angel watching over you." She said laughing mid-way into the sentence. I chuckled at the irony in the statement. Then Raula stormed in and sat back down in her chair. I could hear her mumbling cuss words about Robert and she crossed her arms. Sabrina moved her chair back and held Raula's hand. "Everything okay?" She whispered. Raula shook her head and looked at me. She smirked and scooted her chair closer to me as well. "Your dad's gonna be here in a few." She explained. But why wasn't her here yet? He was my father and why wasn't he with my mother. Instead, there was this other...woman. Things were suddenly crystal clear as I looked at all the signs. My parents weren't the opposite gender. But instead, they were lesbians. I took a deep breath trying not to laugh. How funny is it that an angel got lesbian parents? Sabrina's phone buzzed and she took a look at it. "Noah will be here in a few minutes Eliza." She said as she put her phone away. I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head. "Noah...?" I asked pretending to ask for the last name. Sabrina looked back at me with confusion on her face. "Noah Grissly. Your boyfriend." She explained. 'Oh' was the only word that came out of my mouth and I sat back. Eliza had managed to get a boyfriend. Huh. I don't know why that suprised me so much but it did.