Chapter 36: End

"Congratulations Amora! You beat the test." I heard Raguel tell me. I turned around sharply facing the back wall of the white room. In front of me were three seats with the middle one being taller than the rest. In the middle was Raguel, while in the other two were other angels elected to be chairwoman of the court. "What?" I asked confused. One of the woman had brown hair and perfect white skin. "You passed. You discovered what it was like to be human." She told me with a smile. I frowned and felt my heart rate quicken. "No, I-i...you have to send me back." I told them. The other councilwoman had pure black hair and was Native American. "Amora you can't go back your an angel. That little body was only a temporary deal." She told me. I sucked in a breath trying not to panic. "I didn't learn what it means to be human." I told them. Raguel tilted his head and smiled. "You did. You learned pain when you almost killed that human by breaking his heart. You learned mistake when you got into a fight with your other angel friend. And you learned the temptation of lust when you were with that human." He explained. Then he looked at the other councilwoman and they both sighed snapping their fingers. Rayden suddenly appeared by my side looking startled. "There we go. All back to normal." The councilwoman with black hair said. Rayden looked at me and was confused. "Warren called us and told me you were in the hospital." He told me confused. I blinked a couple of my times and balled my hands into fist to make sure this was real. "Please, you have to send me back. I can't be apart from Warren." I told them. The council people looked at each other before back at me. "We will discuss it. But for right now your time will be spent here in heaven." They told me. And with a wave of their hands me and Rayden were sent back to the apartments where angels stayed. It was your dream room and you stayed close to your friends. "No no no." I said walking around in a circle. My dream room was a memory foam bed with gray sheets and four fluffy pillows. On each side was a night stand, one held an alarm clock and a lamp while the other held a lamp. In front of the bed was a desk and in front of the desk built into the wall was a fish tank with lots of exotic aquatic animals. To the other half of the room were animals including deer, rabbits, and sometimes if I'm lucky, a baby elephant I named Sugar cube. "I can't breathe." I told Rayden sitting down on my bed. Rayden sat down next to me as I gripped my hair. "Calm down. You knew that you'd have to leave eventually." He told me. I started panicking, feeling lost without Warren. Rayden held me as I bawled into his shirt. "Why don't we get some ice cream? I know it's not the same as humans have it, but you always like ice cream." He told me. I nodded my head and we got up to get some.

After a while, it didn't seem so bad. I remembered all the good times we had here in heaven and who I was with. Rayden made me happy and I was glad that I got to spend eternity with someone like that. It was a couple days later and we were walking back to my room. "I missed the flying! And the race today was amazing." Rayden told me full of joy. I laughed and pushed him a little. "You only liked it because you won." I replied. We got to my door and Rayden looked at me. "So what do you want to do tomorrow?" He asked me. "You'll be visiting Eliza Clark in the hospital tomorrow." I heard councilwoman say. I looked around us and we were back in the white room. "What did you just say?" Rayden asked her. Councilwoman shrugged her shoulders and Raguel looked over at me. "Eliza, me, Lucile, and Carol decided that it would be best for you to return to Earth." Raguel told me. I felt my eyes widened as Raguel turned to Rayden. "And you, will be her guardian." He told him. Rayden looked at me, then back at council. "You're sending us back?" He asked confused. Lucile (black haired councilwoman) nodded her head with sadness written on her face. "Yes, there is something very wrong with that town and we need you to find out what." She told me. I took a breath so unprepared for this. "Eliza, after we pulled you back, the humans put your body on life support. Your moms are considering letting you go so you need to be careful." She told me. I nodded my head, excited but also scared to go back. "Ok, well send you back. Anything else we need to discuss?" she asked. "Am I keeping my wings?" Rayden asked suddenly. The council people looked at each other before back at Rayden. "Behave and you will." They told him. Rayden smiled and with a wave of their hands we were sent back. We literally fell down to Earth, me and Rayden were separated when I fell into the hospital bed. "Sweetheart please wake up." I heard my dad beg. I touched his shoulder even though he couldn't feel it I was there. Robert sniffed his nose and looked up at me. He looked right through me for a second before I smiled down at him. I grabbed my hand as my heart rate picked up. "Eliza?" my dad asked. I chuckled before becoming a pure entity and gooing back into my body. I started choking on the life support tube thing and my dad screamed for nurses. They came into the room and removed the tube from my throat. "Eliza, can you hear me?" One of them asked holding a flashlight in my eye. I closed my eye and moved his hand away from me. "Quick responsiveness, good." He said as the nurse took notes. The doctor looked at my heart rate and other medical stuff as he asked me questions. "Good, now how many fingers am I holding up?" He asked me holding up two fingers. "Two," I answered. The doctor smiled as another nurse came in and drew my blood. One of the nurses forced my dad out of the room to make sure he didn't interrupt the doctors work. "And what year is it?" He asked me. "It's December of 2015." I told them. The staff looked at one another as another nurse took notes. "Actually no, it's January of 2017." The doctor told me. I paled and my heart rate quickened. "Your moms called and said that they'll be here any moment. Your family is excited to see you again Ms.Clark." The doctor told me. I stared off into space feeling lost. "A year and two months." I mumbled to myself. "Welcome to the future kid." A nurse told me. I chuckled and laughed feeling happy to be home. I was gone for a year. I had some catching up to do.

And with that friends, this was the final chapter of Eliza Clark. Well, of this book anyways. There will be more so keep an eye out for Eliza Clark: Fire Wings coming soon. Until then Loves.