Chapter 14: Pain

(Trigger warning! its about the Orlando night club incident so if you get triggered by this stuff then here's a heads up.) I woke up the next morning feeling great. It was about 10:30 and I was going to spend the day with my moms. I changed and put on a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a white shirt, and the same pair of converse from last night. I happily skipped down the stairs and saw as Raula stood over the island watching the TV along with Sabrina. It appeared that Raula was cooking something in a pan but she had turned the burner low to watch. 'more bodies have been found at the night club in Orlando and more and more families shed tears at their lost love ones.' I found and felt a hole in my heart as I read the TV caption. '30 people found dead at lgbt night club.' Sabrina sniffled her nose and Raula turned her attention back to what she was cooking. "The man responsible has been found and is currently being held in county jail." she said a picture of the criminal appearing on the screen. I looked at his eyes and saw that in the picture they had flashed black. I frowned as Sabrina turned off the TV. "Why would someone do this?" I questioned felling all kinds of different emotions. Sabrina looked over at me and patted the seat next to her. "Oh honey no one knows." She said pulling me into a tight hug. The door bell rang and Raula turned the stove off. "I'll get it." she said quietly. Raula opened the door and a short old lady stood on the other side. "Hello Raula dear." She said shaking slightly. It had rained again last night while I was asleep and now I see why. "Oh, hello there Ms. Eldersworth. What can I do for you?" Raula asked. Ms. Eldersworth gave her a small smile and handed her a basket. "I heard about what happened to those people on the TV and I wanted to bring you these." She said handing Raula the basket. Sabrina looked at me before we both went up to see what it was. In the basket were a bunch of sugar cookies each one baked with a different lgbt color flag iced ontop. "Oh my Ms.Eldersworth you didn't have to do this." Raula told her kindly looking at the bunch of cookies. The old woman laughed and gave Raula a kind smile. "Of course I did dear. You were there when poor albert died and gave me so much love and support, I only felt like I had to do the same. Me being an old woman and all it would be too hard to go to each family that lost someone and had them a basket of cookies. So I decided to give some to someone in my neighbor hood." She said with a kind smile. Sabrina and Raula hugged the old woman before she noticed me. Ms. Eldersworth had wrinkled skin was a couple of inches shorter than me. He grey hair was tied up in a nice bun and she hand a hunch. "Oh my Eliza! I remember when you were about the size to fit in the basket." She said with a small laugh. My moms smiled and left me alone with Ms.Eldersworth for a moment. I had saw her eyes flash black and I felt alarm grow in me. "Oh calm down dear, not all of us are bad." She said brushing what I had seen away. "Your a demon?" I whispered to her. Ms.Eldersworth nodded her head and I looked back at Raula and Sabrina. "Moms, is it okay if I go and escort Ms.Eldersworth home?" I asked them. The two nodded their heads not even looking at me. I rolled my eyes as I closed the door. "So what did you go to hell for?" I asked immeadiantly to know whether or not she was a threat. Ms.Eldersworth laughed and stood up a straighter. "I was an atheist." She said. "Oh." Was all I could manage. "Why are you on Earth angle?" She asked me. I frowned at the question but still decided to answer. "I was casted down for harming a human." I answered sheepishly. Ms.Eldersworth frowned as we had reached the house next to mine. Hers was a bright yellow and light grey. Ms.Eldersworth frowned as we reached her porch. "And the real Eliza, is she...?" She tried to ask. I nodded my head as Ms.Eldersworth sighed. "That poor girl. At least she isn't suffering." She mumbled under her breath. Ms.Eldersworth opened her front door and stepped in side. "I've uh, I've never meet a nice demon." I tried to compliment her. Ms.Eldersworth smiled at me and gripped her door. "Come by sometime Eliza if you want to talk to someone that could at least try to understand." she said. Then Ms.Elderworths frowned and leaned into my ear. "These humans will kill anything that's different. Today is just anther reminder." She whispered grimly before stepping back and closing the door. I just learned a few things here. One, I see why Lucifer became the devil. He hated humans for all their flaws because angles were meant to be perfect and watch over their mistakes. But now a days there were too many mistakes and not enough angles. Two, not all demons are bad. I mean, you can go to hell for murder, but you can also go if you don't believe in god. Three, humans are weird. I opened the door to my house and Raula and Sabrina were sitting at the island eating pan cakes. Someone had turned the news back on and the same reporter was talking about where we were. "In other news, mutilated animal parts have been found all over the shore of Ocean Beach. Police have cleared out the beach as the water is contaminated by blood." The reported said showing a picture of the beach and the red water. Raula turned off the news as Sabrina shuddered. "Earth is so dark." I mumbled sitting down too eat my pan cakes. "I know hon." Sabrina told me. I didn't even realized she had heard me until then. Raulas phone rang as she stuffed her mouth full of pancake. Raula looked at Sabrina and Sabrina sighed as she answered Raula's phone. "Hello?" She said into the phone. Sabrina frowned and then put on a look. "Yes Robert she's right her but you can't talk to her right now." Sabrina told him glancing over at me. I set down my fork as I had tooken a bite of pan cake. "I'll have her call you back later okay?" She said hanging up on him. Raula looked at Sabrina concerned before Sabrina cleared her throat. "Raula pass me the syrup please." she asked her. Sabrina had went from sweet to sour in a matter of seconds when talking to Robert. "What did he want?" Raula asked handing Sabrina the syrup. Sabrina towered the syrup on to her pancakes and handed it back to Raula. "He wanted to see Eliza." She said blandly starting to eat. Raula widened her eyes and pulled the plate away from Sabrina. "And you told him no?" She asked confused. Sabrina frowned at her disappearance of food but still answered. "He...wasn't in the best condition to take care of her." Sabrina said looking down at the counter. Raula sighed and slid the plate of pancakes back at Sabrina. "I'll be back." Raula said taking her keys, a jacket, and going out the front door. I had finished my two pancakes and put the dish in the dishwasher. "Do you want to do something today? Just the two of us?" Sabrina asked me. I smiled and nodded my head. "Sure, just let me grab my purse and stuff." I told her heading upstairs. Today was going to be a day I spent with someone that needed cheering up. And I was going to do that.