Chapter 18: Truth

I spent the whole day watching TV since I was pretty much grounded. Pretty much watched every good movie that ever existed. Well, according to Sabrina who watched most of them with me while Raula was off at work. She worked at the court house as a marriage licenser (how ironic)."Who did Bella chose?" I asked her. Sabrina put a handful of popcorn in her mouh before she answered me so it took her a minute. "Does it matter? She was a terrible actor and the movies weren't as good as the books." She complained. I laughed and she playfully kicked me with her foot. "Don't laugh at me and my seriousness young lady!" She yelled at me trying not to laugh which made me laugh even harder. "Ok, ok, but seriously who did she chose?" I asked again. Sabrina sighed and sat up straight. "Edward." She told me. I sat up and leaned against the arm of the couch. "What? Why did she chose Jacob? He was a friggin wolf?! He could have protected her from literally anything?!" I rebutted. Sabrina rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly. "Yeah well, I can't say your wrong, but your wrong." She told me with a smile. Sabrina laughed and I laid on her stomach. "Are you going to go to school tomorrow?" She asked me. I nodded my head feeling kind of excited. "Yeah I plan on it." I answered. Sabrina frowned a little before ruffling my hair. "Why? You don't think I should?" I asked her sitting up. Sabrina paused the movie and sighed. "Eliza you were just excused out of the hospital, almost completely free of illness, after around 3 and a half months of nothing good. I just dont think your ready." She told me sadly. I looked at my hands seeing her point but still feeling that going to  school was the  right thing. "But, gotta make up for lost time right?" She said starting with a sigh then ending with a smile and a playful punch. "Yes!" I smiled giving her a big hug. "Jeez I had no idea how excited you would be." She informed me. The movie ended and Raula walked through the door. "Oh your home early." Sabrina said to her. Raula looked confused for a moment before pulling out her phone. "It's 7pm." She told us. I looked outside and saw that it was dark out and Sabrina laughed. "Lost track of time." We told her. Raula rolled her eyes and set her purse down on the counter. "How was work?" Sabrina asked turning off the TV. Raula sighed and pulled out a bottle of red wine out of the fridge. "That bad?" She asked further. "So many people want to get married these days and its so cute but I want them to be happy and have a big wedding with flowers and cake and all that good stuff." She said her eyes twinkling picturing her own wedding. Sabrina frowned for a second before smiling. "Oh man sounds hard." She told Raula getting off the couch. "Yeah, but anyways, how was your day in with Eliza?" She asked looking at me. Sabrina covered for me which I was kind of happy for. "We spent all day deciding who was better, Edward or Jacob." She told Raula pouring her own glass of wine. Raula scoffed and Sabrina laughed. "So nothing productive then?" she asked taking a sip of wine. Sabrina looked offended and put her hand to her chest adding even more onto her acting. "Excuse you? You used to love those movies!" She told her. Raula almost choked  on  her drink as she set her cup down. "I did until you made me read the books." She said recalling the old memories. They both laughed as my phone buzzed in my pocket. "Uh, I'll be up in my room if anybody needs me." I told them quickly heading up stairs. I had gotten a text from Alex saying that he was here but that couldn't have been true could it? I opened my door to find him sitting on my bed. Yes, it was true. "Hey there princess." He told me waving. I rolled my eyes still mad at him for hiding Noah in the background of our video chat. I closed and locked the door. "You should leave." I told him crossing my arms. Alex took a sip of something in a canteen before replying. "You should lock your windows." He told me. I frowned and sighed putting a hand up to my forehead. "I don't want to talk." I told him opening up the window. "Fine then, don't talk, but eat." He said throwing a Snickers bar at me. I caught it forgetting completely what Ms.Eldersworth taught me. "Nice catch." He told me. I  rolled my eyes and tossed the candy bar onto the bed. "Wow, you really are mad." He said frowning a bit. "Yes, I am. You kind of threw me under the bus with that one." I told him starting to become reasonable. "Yeah I know but you wouldn't answer my texts or Noah's." He said. I pulled out my phone and saw where they had both texted me. "Because I wanted space." I told him becoming less rational. Alex got off the bed and towards me. "What did Noah do that was so bad that you didn't want to talk to him?" He asked me. I swallowed and looked down at the floor. "It was nothing. I just...he didn't stop when I asked him too." I said looking down at the floor. Alex froze and I saw a little shine in his hair reflected by the moon. "He didn't stop what?" He asked me. I saw his fist clench and when he saw me looking him unclenched them. "Alex don't get mad I'm over it now I just wanted some space to clear my head." I told him. Alex shook his head and I leaned against the desk. "He didn't stop touching you when you asked? How many times did you ask?" He asked me anger filling his voice. "Alex, calm down. I'm okay and nothing happened." I told him grabbing his hands in mine. Alex took a huff and breath trying to calm himself. "How many times did you ask?" he asked me again feeling a bit more calm. "Twice." I answered. Alex squinted his eyes before taking his hands from mine and running one of them through his hair. "Doesn't that idiot know that no means no?" He said in a angry whisper. I scoffed and sat on the desk. "Yeah he does. It was just the heat of the moment." I told Alex. Alex calmed down and looked at me. "If he does that again let me know. I'll paint his truck." Alex told me laughing a little. "Hey I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I told him opening the window. Alex smiled and grabbed my hand. "See you tomorrow princess." he said leaving out of my window. I changed into my pj's and laid down in my bed. Then my brain traveled to the shore of the beach being soaked with animal blood. And the rain. It all meant something but I couldn't remember why. My eyelids grew heavy and I left the hard thinking for tomorrow.