Chapter 24: Break

My phone buzzed right as I opened my book and I looked at it. I was getting a call from Noah. "Hello?" I answered politely. "What the hell was that back at the school?" He asked me. I rolled me eyes and closed my book. "Listen, I can't talk right now I'm doing my homework," I told him. I heard someone scoff in the background and a faded comment on our conversation. 'Probably not the only thing your doing. He's probably there right now is why she doesn't want to talk.' A Tracy Sanders said. I frowned and Noah waited quietly. "Well?" He said waiting for an answer. "Well, what?" I asked him. "Is he over there with you?" Noah asked me. I scoffed and pulled a strand of hair out of my face. "We're doing homework, Noah." I told him feeling frustrated. I heard Warren close his book and pull out his phone. "And what does that mean?" Noah asked sounding a lot like a jealous girlfriend. "It means that we're doing the science from Mr. Alexanders class. What is Tracy doing over there?" I asked him. I heard Warren pack his stuff and I held up a finger telling him not to leave. Warren set his bag back down as Noah answered. "We're doing homework." He said sounding annoyed. "Oh, and what's that supposed to mean?" I mimicked him. Noah was silent for a moment before answering. "I want a break." He said quietly. I froze and sat up straight. I was trying to say something but I couldn't. I took a deep breath and just hung up the phone. "Are you...okay?" Warren asked me. I hung my head and let it current my face. I shook my head and Warrened inched over to me. "What did he say?" He asked curiously. I shook my head and took a deep breath trying not to cry. "Nothing. He want's a break and that's what he's going to get." I said blocking his number. "Do you want me to leave?" Warren asked trying not to pull a pin to a grenade. I shook my head and gave a slight chuckle. "No, it's fine. Who else is going to help you pass history." I joked. Warren looked concerned before shrugging his shoulders. "Ok then." He said. About an hour later we had finally finished all of our homework. "Thank Allah." He mumbled. I looked at him confused for a second before he looked at his phone. "Is it really only four? I thought It'd be 2018 by now." He joked making me laugh. "Your Muslim?" I asked him out of nowhere. Warren shook his head as we laid on the bed, our legs dangling off the sides and heads touching the end. Warren could still touch the floor while my knee was on the edge of the bed. "No, the only thing I know is real is the devil." He said touching his wrist. "What are you talking about?" I asked him. Warren looked up at my posters thinking. "Who drew a mustache on Brendon Urie?" He asked all of a sudden. I laughed sitting up twirling my phone in my hand. "Alex drew that." I said. I felt like I was waiting for Noah to text me back but I knew that he couldn't even if he wanted to. "Don't think about that loser. He want's a break, then let's see how long he can go without his daily dose of Eliza Clark." Warren told me sitting up on the bed. "Why is it that I feel like I know you from somewhere?" I told him looking at his eyes. Warren shrugged his shoulders but looked into mine. I sighed and closed mine getting the feeling if I kept looking I'd get lost. "Whelp, I'm off." He said hopping off the bed. "You're leaving already? I was really hoping you'd stay until 2020." I told him. Warren laughed as he put his boots back on. I didn't even realize he took them off. "No angel, I've got to go." He told me. I froze when he called me angle remembering Rayden. "Don't call me that." I told him still trying to smile. Warren opened my door and smiled back at me. "Whatever you say angel." He said before closing the door. I fell back onto the bed and rolled over. I didn't move until I heard the sound of an engine revving. Then I heard heavy footprints and Warren opened my door. "I'll be back around 8 in the morning to pick you up. I already talk to your moms about it." He said. I nodded and he shut the door. I let out a breath and checked my phone. I didn't block Noah, just muted him on accident. Still, no reply. Those to little shits were probably having sex. I covered my mouth and went wide eyed at what I just thought. "I just thought a curse word." I whispered to myself. My wings unfolded and I felt a sudden sense of calm.